MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin to make all post links UGC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since you guys have heard that Google has recently announced the new link attributes. So, I am asking if there's a plugin to make all the links UGC then it will be really good.
If its about ALL THE LINKS you have in page then placing this simple script to header or footer template may do the trick:

<script type="text/javascript">$(function(){$("a").attr("rel", "ugc");});</script>
If the new attribute is for SEO improvment, JS is not a good solution, most crawlers doesn't interprate it.
A valid point made by Crazycat.
Additionally adding ugc to all the links blindly may also not be desired as paid / sponsored links having only ugc may attract penalty. Google advises to mark up paid/sponsored links with either "sponsored" or "nofollow" only, but not "ugc".
(2019-09-18, 07:09 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]A valid point made by Crazycat.
Additionally adding ugc to all the links blindly may also not be desired as paid / sponsored links having only ugc may attract penalty. Google advises to mark up paid/sponsored links with either "sponsored" or "nofollow" only, but not "ugc".

I didn't meant all links. Only the links that are in post. I mean here. Not in signature or any where else.
Alright, I have coded a quick plugin for what you needed:
[attachment=42205]

Let me know if this serves your purpose or any modification is required.
Where should I put this?
Upload it in inc/plugins
Install like a normal plugin from ACP.
No settings.
It will do its job silently.
Thanks for the plugin Effone. Working like a charm. I tried it in my localhost. You should really consider publishing the plugin. It will be appreciated by many. As Google is now pushing these things.
Lol. I will post it in Extends managing time. As you wish.
Glad it helped 😁
Pages: 1 2