MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need "This post has been delected" Solution.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MMybb 1.8.21 version I'm installed. My problem is when any user delete any post then show this on screen "This post has been deleted"

How to delete Permanently.
Select the post you want to delete permanently, Go to inline Post Moderation and choose option Delete Posts Permanently.
If you want to disable soft delete feature there is a setting in ACP, IIRC
Thanks for quick Repay please clear IIRC MEAN?
postbit_deleted_member

Add <!-- in the beginning of template and --> in the end

This will hide soft deleted posts from users. Not sure if its the best way to do it, but it is a temporary solution until u find a better one.
Ok thank you support team I will check this solution.

i add this but no work.

<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div class="post deleted_post_hidden" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<div class="deleted_post_author"><strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong></div>
	<div class="post_content">
		<em>{$lang->postbit_post_deleted}</em>
	</div>
</div>
<!-- in the beginning of template and -->

Can view deletion notices? work only for guest user if applay same setting to Registered user this massage not hide.

[attachment=42209]
There are two types of thread/post deletion in MyBB currently:
1. Soft deletion, the thread/post is marked as deleted, but still resides in database so that it can be viewed, restored and permanently deleted by a mod/admin.
2. Permanent deletion, the thread/post is deleted from database and it's nearly impossible to recover it unless a backup containing it exists.

If a certain user group is set with the permission to view deletion notices, users in that group will be able to see only a notice of deletion when viewing forum with soft-deleted thread or viewing thread with soft-deleted post, just like your attachment screenshot.

For that piece of code, you should do it this way to comment certain HTML output, though it's not recommended:
<!-- in the beginning of template
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div class="post deleted_post_hidden" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<div class="deleted_post_author"><strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong></div>
	<div class="post_content">
		<em>{$lang->postbit_post_deleted}</em>
	</div>
</div>
after the end of that template -->
Wow is working my problem is solved thank you Noyle.