MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Live Cryptocurrency Prices - Display live cryptocurrency prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2019-09-30, 01:48 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-29, 02:16 PM)Synx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-29, 01:17 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-29, 10:37 AM)Synx Wrote: [ -> ]It's from Shoppy.gg's ticker you can find here: https://shoppy.gg/api/v1/public/ticker - It simply grabs all the cryptocurrencies they offer and displays the USD value.

I have had some issues with CoinMarketCap with rate limiting, hence why I used Shoppy.gg - I will create a new one with CoinMarketCap if there are any requests for it.

Ok, if Shoppy.gg is doing the job, then leave it as is for now. 

I will wait for the new version of this plugin to come out to test it out.

It should have the settings in the latest version.
Download: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...7&bid=4128
GitHub: https://github.com/Skryptific/Live-Crypt...40f6b1cfe6

Ok, I have installed this plugin... but I realized something...

What is the output page supposed to be called? 

I tried mywebsite/cryptocurrency.php, but that didn't work. 

I could not find any instructions on how to make an output page for this plugin.

It is a sidebar on the right side on the index.
Normally it would automatically add this for you, if this didn't happen then add the variable {$cryptocurrency} in the index template at the position you would like.
(2019-09-30, 05:16 PM)Synx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-29, 01:17 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-29, 10:37 AM)Synx Wrote: [ -> ]It's from Shoppy.gg's ticker you can find here: https://shoppy.gg/api/v1/public/ticker - It simply grabs all the cryptocurrencies they offer and displays the USD value.

I have had some issues with CoinMarketCap with rate limiting, hence why I used Shoppy.gg - I will create a new one with CoinMarketCap if there are any requests for it.

Ok, if Shoppy.gg is doing the job, then leave it as is for now. 

I could not find any instructions on how to make an output page for this plugin.

Normally it would automatically add this for you, if this didn't happen then add the variable {$cryptocurrency} in the index template at the position you would like.

Well, here's the odd thing...

I have 3 themes on my website... one is the MyBB default (it was colorized, but otherwise identical to the original) and 2 customized themes.

In the 1st screenshot, you will see the result of the installation and the output of the plugin in one of the custom themes.

In the 2nd screenshot, you will see the MyBB default theme and again, it shows the blank column.

I think I could be wrong, that you are assuming that themes will not have the Latest Posts sidebar in the theme, thus inserting a sidebar for the Live Cryptocurrency Prices. I think a different approach would be enabling the admin to determine if a separate page is needed for the Live Cryptocurrency Price plugin, or if an admin is using a theme that does not have a sidebar, then allows them to use it. 

But here's the thing... there may be some admins that do not want a sidebar put in regardless if the theme has one or not. 

Give them the option to either do one of two things... add a sidebar or create a new webpage for it.

The plugin should be coded to do one or the other, but not both.

Just my two cents. 

[Image: 582c00950e4c52507070e2bdb08bdc2d.jpg]

[Image: 9b5e8def0404eb7254c68e05c1843822.png]
(2019-09-30, 11:42 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Give them the option to either do one of two things... add a sidebar or create a new webpage for it.

What's stopping you from moving the template code into a new page, or into a sidebar?
(2019-10-01, 05:31 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-30, 11:42 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Give them the option to either do one of two things... add a sidebar or create a new webpage for it.

What's stopping you from moving the template code into a new page, or into a sidebar?

The sidebar method will not work as I already have mentioned this in post #12. Re-read that post again, please.

I am not the plugin author. Ask Synx.
(2019-10-01, 10:09 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]The sidebar method will not work as I already have mentioned this in post #12. Re-read that post again, please.

Firstly, I'm not an idiot, I did read your post. Repeatedly.

Secondly, implying that I did not read your post is insulting.

Thirdly, given the part of your post which I quoted, it looks like you're expecting a plugin author to do your job for you. Which is absolutely not on. You, as a webmaster, should at least know how to do some code. Then come back when you have issues. I would at least consider the possibility* it's an issue with your theme.

* and before you start, I am not ruling it down to being that, but I know you run a dark website.

See, plugins are not a one-size-fits-all. This is a community plugin, not a custom one. Which means that you're going to possibly need to fiddle with it a bit before it works 100%. This is expected. Especially on a custom theme. Plugin devs can't be expected to know every forums' configuration. It's just not possible.

Edit; Removed overquoting
(2019-10-02, 01:45 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-01, 10:09 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]The sidebar method will not work as I already have mentioned this in post #12. Re-read that post again, please.

* and before you start, I am not ruling it down to being that, but I know you run a dark website.

Before you make baseless accusations against anyone, especially me, do your due diligence and show your evidence that I run a "dark website". 

Otherwise, keep your lies and falsehoods out of MyBB.com.
Very good.

Oh look, a website with a bunch of blacks. If that’s not a dark website, I don’t know what is.

[Image: VSynf5I.png]
(2019-10-02, 10:56 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Very good.

Oh look, a website with a bunch of blacks. If that’s not a dark website, I don’t know what is.

[Image: VSynf5I.png]

Your statement of saying "dark website" is very misleading because it came across as being a 'dark web site' as meaning dealing in illicit and criminal activity. 

I expect you to issue an apology declaring my website as 'dark website' (not once, but twice) and acknowledge that my website is 100% legitimate.

People reading this thread will assume the worst and this WEBPAGE explains why.
Ha. Hahaha.

Issue you an apology? You’re joking yourself.

As far as I’m concerned, this has been resolved. If you’re deluded enough to think I meant “dark web”, that’s your issue. And if you’re crazy enough to imply this community are a bunch of idiots who can’t read - which is the exact statement you just made, given the big “eff-off” screenshot I posted in the post directly above yours - maybe you need to reconsider being here in the first place.
(2019-09-30, 11:42 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-30, 05:16 PM)Synx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-29, 01:17 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, if Shoppy.gg is doing the job, then leave it as is for now. 

Well, here's the odd thing...

I have 3 themes on my website... one is the MyBB default (it was colorized, but otherwise identical to the original) and 2 customized themes.

In the 1st screenshot, you will see the result of the installation and the output of the plugin in one of the custom themes.

In the 2nd screenshot, you will see the MyBB default theme and again, it shows the blank column.

I think I could be wrong, that you are assuming that themes will not have the Latest Posts sidebar in the theme, thus inserting a sidebar for the Live Cryptocurrency Prices. I think a different approach would be enabling the admin to determine if a separate page is needed for the Live Cryptocurrency Price plugin, or if an admin is using a theme that does not have a sidebar, then allows them to use it. 

But here's the thing... there may be some admins that do not want a sidebar put in regardless if the theme has one or not. 

Give them the option to either do one of two things... add a sidebar or create a new webpage for it.

The plugin should be coded to do one or the other, but not both.

Just my two cents. 

[Image: 582c00950e4c52507070e2bdb08bdc2d.jpg]

[Image: 9b5e8def0404eb7254c68e05c1843822.png]

If you add {$cryptocurrency} in the index template on your desired place, it will display. This plugin only creates a sidebar on the index, not a separate page.
Pages: 1 2