MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to stop spam users from trying to register?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To restrict disposable mail in registration you can try iPatrol.
It has this feature built-in alongwith few others.
https://community.mybb.com/thread-222989.html
(2019-09-27, 01:23 PM)Arka Wrote: [ -> ]Downloaded disposamail into forum/inc, but nothing happens... It doesn't appear anywhere and cannot activate it.
The php file must be in your forum/inc/plugins/ directory, not in forum/inc/
Yes, it is in the right place, however there is something wrong with one of my plugins because the installation plugin list is empty. Reading on the board I see that I need to look at some error_log file to identify it, but I can't find it, so I have asked my host (I have found a file, but it had data dating back to 2015...) and I am waiting for a reply.
Switch your forum offline
Remove all plugins files from your inc/plugins/ directory (put them in a safe place) and reput them one by one, with reloading the plugins ACP each time.
When the ACP will be empty, you'll have find the faulty plugin.
Remove this plugin and switch your forum online.
THanks. Actually it was askimet of all things. Found it immediately once I looked at the error file.
Now I am all activated. Let's see what happens.
(and I do hope your name is not Svetlana o Yuri o Olga or such like... Big Grin Big Grin )
(2019-09-28, 03:53 PM)Arka Wrote: [ -> ](and I do hope your name is not Svetlana o Yuri o Olga or such like... Big Grin Big Grin )
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
In the past few days things have certainly improved. Now I only get the occasional gmail spam registration.
Up until now, that is, when the lovely [email protected] managed to get through. Perhaps the domain xyz should be banned in its entirety...
I wonder if there is a way to stop the gmail bot signups too... probably not, as I already have all the possible safety measures in place.
I got another couple of bogus signups from a .ru address. WHAT A DRAG!
Perhaps I should ban everything that comes from a .ru address. I doubt I have vary meany subscribers from that part of the world anyway.
Is that easily doable?
add *@*.ru in your Disallowed Email Address

And use stop forum spam ( Home » Board Settings » Stop Forum Spam ), it works really well.
* effone finds unnecessary hate towards Russians for no reason in the above post.
Pages: 1 2