MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Groups and User Titles how to
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to all,

I am configuring Groups and User Titles and I don't know what is the best way to do it

[Image: hkXYLiI.png]

User Titles and no. of posts are set however they are not on Groups. 
To fix who has access to what in Forums and posts should I replicate them in Groups???

If so is there a way, or ways, to define standard permission to all forum/child forums?

TY
User Titles are not groups.

In Admin CP you want to use the "Users and Groups" tab to first create the group. Then under the same tab you can do Group Promotion to do automatic upgrades.
hmmmm

so I should have done that in 'Group Promotions' 
with the 'Original User Group' ->'Registered'?
If so it means I did it all wrong

User Titles are to be used just for 'insignias' or 'stars'

Lastly, what about those invitation groups only? Where do I configure them
Invitation only groups is in the same location labrocca has pointed for you (Users and Groups > Groups if you do not want to do a promotion, but a group)

When you create a new usergroup, \there will be a setting to make a group invite only which should be enabled; Yes, users must be invited in order to join this group
1 - I created the needed groups with the permissions that they should have
2 - I did the promotions using those groups (for those who need post/threads, etc)
3 - I created the user groups who are invitation only

and if I did nothing wrong it worked Smile

Now I got one question
How can I hide links and make it mandatory to register to view them?

TYVM
(2019-10-03, 09:23 PM)Sebas R Wrote: [ -> ]1 - I created the needed groups with the permissions that they should have
2 - I did the promotions using those groups (for those who need post/threads, etc)
3 - I created the user groups who are invitation only

and if I did nothing wrong it worked Smile

Now I got one question
How can I hide links and make it mandatory to register to view them?

TYVM

You will need a plugin for this. You can view most Guest available plugin options at
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...de436326ae