MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make my forum squared?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so I am building a theme based from the default theme and I've not been using MyBB for a while and I am wanting to change the shape of my thead from rounded to squared but using the /* and *\ doesn't seem too be working anymore.

Is there any other way. 

ps, I am not able to provide a link to the forum as I am building my theme using xampp so its local.
/* This is a comment */

Not

/* this is a comment *\

Forward slash at the end of the comment.
(2019-10-02, 01:25 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
/* This is a comment */

Not

/* this is a comment *\

Forward slash at the end of the comment.
Yes, sorry I muddled it up a little, but yes it didn't make the thead of the forum squared.
To confirm: You are editing .thead, aren't you?

XAMPP is known to cache things. I've had issues with it doing that before, which is why I abjectly refuse to use it. Have you tried restarting the apache service?
(2019-10-02, 01:41 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]To confirm: You are editing .thead, aren't you?

XAMPP is known to cache things. I've had issues with it doing that before, which is why I abjectly refuse to use it. Have you tried restarting the apache service?

Yes, that's what I'm wanting to do, and yes I have sir. I have never had issues with xampp before, not this kind anyway.
Can't help you further without seeing what you're doing (or not doing, as the case may be).
(2019-10-02, 01:51 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Can't help you further without seeing what you're doing (or not doing, as the case may be).
 Thank you anyway.

Anyone?
If you're using Firefox or any other browser with developer tools inbuilt, then open source code editor and just put any parameter "?123" at the end of the CSS path in meta tag, e.g.:

"<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="https://wernicke.me/escape/cache/themes/theme2/global.css?12345">"

This may cause a forced stylesheet refresh.

[ExiTuS]
I don't understand what you mean.
(2019-10-02, 06:15 PM)Dizzygaming Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand what you mean.
Open developer tools in, for example, Google Chrome. To do that, you need to press F12 on your keyboard.
Proceed to elements tab. You will see a html markup of your page. Find a stylesheet in the <link> tag you need to change in <head> or somewhere else.
Double click the url in it (value of href attribute). It will become editable. Then, append ?12345 at the end of it.
Pages: 1 2