MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving Hosts, and Windows to Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've changed hosting providers, and I've followed the instructions at:

https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/moving-to-a-new-web-host/

Everything seemed to go smoothly, adding the database and importing the data, etc.

However, at my previous host, I was on Windows based hosting, and my new provider is *nix.

I did some guessing, right or wrong, which led me to rename the 'web.config' file in my root folder (hopefully it won't be used), and I also renamed 'htaccess.txt' to '.htaccess'.

The error I am getting is 'No input file specified.' (just that text on a page, nothing more).

The host provider was able to show that PHP is working by simply adding a phpinfo file.

Any ideas on what more I might need to change in any configuration files, or ideas how to get rid of this error?

My version of MyBB is a bit out of date, but I think it's a version of 1.8 - I don't know how to check with the site not working...

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.
I'm not sure what caused such error, but could you please have a check on PHP's error log that may have more detailed information?
If you are moving to an another host. Then why don't you just do a full installation of the latest version of mybb?
Hi All,

@noyle: So far, I've been unable to find any php errors. My hosting provider says that php errors should appear in my site's error.log file, but that file is zero bytes. I'm obviously new to this provider, and I don't know my way around their setup yet (not to mention that it's been many years since I messed with php-based software).

@vk_knight: I had hoped to bring the site back up 'as is', and then upgrade to the latest. I have some modifications that I believe I will need to work through, and I didn't want to try to do both at once. One thing is that I'm running a theme, which should work fine with an upgrade. Another thing that I'm more worried about though is that I set up a system to require the first post from a new user to be moderated, and once that is approved, further posts are fine. I can't quite recall if I had to make edits to .php files to do that, but I'm just concerned about messing things up by trying to do too much at once.

As of now, I don't have any idea how to proceed, although I am going to contact the provider again to see if I can get any more help from them.

If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Thanks!
Right.

Two things;

1) Unless you plan to go back to Windows, delete the web.config file. web.config is for IIS, and you're absolutely not using IIS on Linux.
2) Are you running Apache or NGinX? lf it's the latter, you won't be able to use a .htaccess.
(2019-10-08, 01:50 AM)MisterAcoustic Wrote: [ -> ](...)
@noyle: So far, I've been unable to find any php errors. My hosting provider says that php errors should appear in my site's error.log file, but that file is zero bytes. I'm obviously new to this provider, and I don't know my way around their setup yet (not to mention that it's been many years since I messed with php-based software).
(...)

Oh.. things might not go to PHP's scope before the HTTP server can handle work to PHP. Maybe you should check your HTTP server's log.
Hi All,

Thanks for your help - this issue is resolved.

The problem was unrelated to MyBB. I had another directory on my site for concrete5, which was left over from a previous version of the site. I did not intend to use it, so I was ignoring it. However, it turns out that the existence of that folder and the code in it was screwing up PHP for everything on my site. Deleted the folder, and the MyBB situation became much more manageable Smile.

I do still have one issue, but that's for another thread.

Thanks again.