MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Links Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I am using this mod as ya know, and I was wondering if you can put in some extra features.

:: Have "Links Awaiting Validation" on the main admin index page, so you know when there are links to val. Also maybe an email board admin when a new link is submitted would be nice!

:: On the links page itself, have the links shown under each catagory instead of having to click the catagory to see. Or maybe have a link count in each catagory...ie: Link Catagory (4). I'd perfer just having it all on one page though.

Love the mod, these just a few suggestions and dont really need 'em but would be sweet. Big Grin
I'm glad you like the modification. Smile

":: Have "Links Awaiting Validation" on the main admin index page, so you know when there are links to val. Also maybe an email board admin when a new link is submitted would be nice!"

A very good suggestion. I was going to add this originally, but obviously didn't for some strange reason.

":: On the links page itself, have the links shown under each catagory instead of having to click the catagory to see. Or maybe have a link count in each catagory...ie: Link Catagory (4). I'd perfer just having it all on one page though."

I will definately work on a "link count", but I can't decide whether to show the links below the category, as it may look untidy when there are lots of links on the page. I'll look into this.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will work on them this weekend. Smile
musicalmidget Wrote:Thank you for the suggestions, I will work on them this weekend. Smile

I will look for it then this weekend. Toungue
If it wouldn't be a pain to code in, have an either or feature for this. Like a link count for catagories or show links under catagories.

I see what you mean about having a lot of links, it would look sloppy.
Update:

Thanks for your suggestions regarding this modification. I've spent most of the day playing with it and I've completed it's first upgrade.

The new version:
  • Displays how many links are inside each category on the main links page.
  • Displays how many links there are on the front page of the admin control panel, along with the number of links requiring validation.
  • Fixes a bug discovered earlier today.

A screenshot has been attached illustrating these features. Smile

Lucid Wrote:If it wouldn't be a pain to code in, have an either or feature for this. Like a link count for catagories or show links under catagories.

I'm going to take a while longer to work on this. I've had a few ideas today but don't want to rush anything. Wink

This is by no means the last update of the modification. More will follow soon. Smile

Download link: http://www.mybbmods.com/fileinfo.php?fid=9 Wink

Suggestions welcomed. Smile
Sweeeet! I checked out the screenshot and it looks perfect. I just downloaded version 2 and will be adding it to my forums a little later tonight. I will let you know how it goes and will also provide a link fer ya (its a rpg community). Big Grin
Just got the new version installed and all went well without a hitch. Nice mod! You can take a look at my forums: http://arcsplace.themagestower.com
musicalmidget, thanks for this add-on. I needed one for my board and it works great. Smile