MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've added the shoutbox to my site from the plugin page which is showing as activated, so supposedly working, yet it isn't showing anywhere on my site. I made a test site and added the shoutbox there and fiddled with what few settings I could, but it's a no show there too.

Has this feature been somehow deactivated or something? All other plugins I've added are working fine, it's just the shoutbox that won't appear. I've even tried removing it and adding it to my site from the plugin list several times, doing so hasn't helped.

Am I wasting my time with the shoutbox or is it deactivated? As far as I know my site is on the latest version of MyBB, so all good there.

I got told to add a code to the shoutbox, but there's no way of doing so that I can see, I've spent hours trying to get this working without any luck..
Which shoutbox is it ? DVZ Shoutbox ? If the answer is yes, read the installation instructions:
Quote:{$dvz_shoutbox}
Insert the {$dvz_shoutbox} variable into your index template.
Yes, it's the DVZ shoutbox. Where do I find the index template in my ACP?
ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Select your theme -> Index Page Templates -> index
This was an add on, all I was supposed to do was click on install and activate to add it to my site and in theory get it going.. I haven't found any documentation for this yet, despite searching for anything..
(2019-10-14, 05:05 AM)SandyC Wrote: [ -> ]This was an add on, all I was supposed to do was click on install and activate to add it to my site and in theory get it going.. I haven't found any documentation for this yet, despite searching for anything..

I believe with DVZ plugins, you need to add the variable directly to the template. It is very simple. Just follow the posts from Ben and Crazycat
(2019-10-14, 05:05 AM)SandyC Wrote: [ -> ]This was an add on, all I was supposed to do was click on install and activate to add it to my site and in theory get it going.. I haven't found any documentation for this yet, despite searching for anything..
Reading the download page and the README.txt file in the archive, there is an "Installation" part explaining what to do.
I can't see the line "just click on install and activate", but I can see add {$dvz_shoutbox} to your index template.

Sorry, but RTFM before complain.

DVZ Shoutbox don't change the template because YOU know where you want to add the shoutbox on your page, Devilshakerz can't know that by advance.
I still need help please folks, I can't find any help files to help me get this thing to show.. According to all the settings in my ACP everything is as it should be, so no reason for it to not show anywhere on site.. I wouldn't expect help files when all I had to do was click a Install and Activate"button..
(2019-10-14, 09:27 PM)SandyC Wrote: [ -> ]I still need help please folks, I can't find any help files to help me get this thing to show.. According to all the settings in my ACP everything is as it should be, so no reason for it to not show anywhere on site.. I wouldn't expect help files when all I had to do was click a Install and Activate"button..
Just read previous message :

(2019-10-13, 12:05 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Select your theme -> Index Page Templates -> index

And add {$dvz_shoutbox} where you want to display your shoutbox.
Stop saying "I just have to click", stop being lazzy and read the answers we made to you.
Cam anyone give simple clear instructions on how to fix this?
Pages: 1 2