MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any plugin for Web Push type PC/Android notifications?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi does a web notifications (Web Push by OneSignal for example) plugin exist for MyBB?... Such as when someone visits your site, popup comes and requests permission to show you notifications (Android+Windows)

If one doesn't exist, I'd be interested in finding how difficult it would be to implement.

I mean in a basic manner that allows us to publish manual/semi-manual news (in other words, NOT notifications of "new reply to thread", or "receiving  PM" etc...) to users who have granted request?
Hmm.. but nothing that works with something like https://onesignal.com/webpush#

Anyways, thank you, this might work if nothing else exists. Any idea if this can be modded to send newsletters? Or, maybe push "new thread" notification when a specific forum has a new thread posted. I will also ask developer... but maybe you have an idea how this might be accomplished.
I need to look into it.
Its not hard to code one if nothing exists, I believe...
Okay, i actually took a closer look and it's possible to do this through One Signal. I previously had done WP and it required a plugin....

Just went through the procedure and all working. Needed to add some small script to headerinclude and couple of SDK files to main directory.

Of course, over a certain amount of subscribers and need to pay OneSignal and there's no MyBB integration (need to send alerts through onesignal).

Maybe there's some way to make a plugin that would be only MyBB dependant, eg could send alert with page link straight through MyBB, or as suggested before, alert users only when thread posted in a certain forum...

Seems great way to work with users and collect fans / followers... much easier than email. Even if don't sign up to MyBB site can still one-click and be notified of important news etc.. assuming user gives the permission.

Wish I'd done this long ago... at one point having thousands of visits a day (now much less)... would have amassed a nice following over last 5 years...