MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can MyBB Redirect To New Website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2019-10-16, 08:04 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]kawaii was helping out until he "disappeared". 

It is none of my business, but for those reading the thread, @kawaii has never "disappeared" on me. I just don't want people thinking bad of my friend, who has helped me so much with my own learning curve.

(2019-10-16, 08:04 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]So, I need someone else to do that.

At the risk of offending you again (no sarcasm, I do not wish to offend you) may I suggest that you just dig in and learn how to do it yourself?

I would be more than glad to give you a primer on how to set up a local webhost. Then you can set it up like your VPS and learn many new and exciting elements of server management. You still might have to hire someone to help out once in awhile, but at least you can manage day-to-day operations and in case of emergencies, you may be able to solve issues more quickly than if you were waiting on a response from a consultant.

Just trying to help. This is free information just waiting on you.
Serpius, I sent you a PM, for an immediate redirection that search engine can understand.
If you want a delayed redirection, it's possible with basic html (<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5;https://https://contenght.com"> is you friend) but highly deprecated.
I agree with @Ben Cousins : temporisation is bad.
imho, it's better to send to a landing page on your new forum explaining why user is here.
(2019-10-16, 06:08 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-14, 01:24 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ].htaccess redirect. 301 to the new website.

There won't be a countdown. It'll just straight convert your URL to the new one.

I wouldn't recommend a countdown as that'll do things to your SEO.

Redirect 301 https:///luxorforums.com https://contenght.com

Luxor Forums is on a Linux VPS, therefore, .htaccess won't work.

For quite a while I was running Apache on Linux, and that absolutely did work. It’s not the Linux, it’s that you’re using NGinX.

As per @Wildcard, a rewrite is the way to go.
(2019-10-16, 08:43 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-16, 08:04 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]kawaii was helping out until he "disappeared". 

It is none of my business, but for those reading the thread, @kawaii has never "disappeared" on me. I just don't want people thinking bad of my friend, who has helped me so much with my own learning curve.

(2019-10-16, 08:04 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]So, I need someone else to do that.

At the risk of offending you again (no sarcasm, I do not wish to offend you) may I suggest that you just dig in and learn how to do it yourself?

I would be more than glad to give you a primer on how to set up a local webhost. Then you can set it up like your VPS and learn many new and exciting elements of server management. You still might have to hire someone to help out once in awhile, but at least you can manage day-to-day operations and in case of emergencies, you may be able to solve issues more quickly than if you were waiting on a response from a consultant.

Just trying to help. This is free information just waiting on you.

I am not offended that you are suggesting this, but I do not have hours and hours to learn Linux at this time.

I am way too busy to study and learn Linux.

Between me taking care of my grandson and other family obligations, time is a short commodity these days.

That is why I went in a different direction for now, in terms of redirecting Luxor Forums to Contenght, it's not the best solution, but it will do for now.

(2019-10-16, 08:43 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]

I am NOT making that statement to make kawaii look bad. Far from it. I'm stating the facts as it has happened to me. 

Maybe this did not happen to you.

(2019-10-17, 11:29 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I am not offended that you are suggesting this, but I do not have hours and hours to learn Linux at this time.

Then you need to find someone who knows how to do what you're asking, and remunerate them appropriately.
(2019-10-17, 11:51 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-17, 11:29 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I am not offended that you are suggesting this, but I do not have hours and hours to learn Linux at this time.

Then you need to find someone who knows how to do what you're asking, and remunerate them appropriately.

Already ahead of you... already got a reply in PM.
(2019-10-18, 12:18 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-17, 11:51 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

Already ahead of you... already got a reply in PM.

Excellent.
Pages: 1 2