MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to add a shoutbox to my forums but how do I place the link to it on the forum next to user cp, member list etc.?
This is fairly simple to do... but it all depends on what skin you are trying to add the link to. Say you are using the default skin or a close version of it... just go about adding the link this way...

adminCP --> Templates --> Modify/Delete -->

After yout there pick the theme (s) you want to edit and click expand on the one you choose. From there scroll down the templates to the bottom and find these three templates...

toplinks
toplinks_admin
toplinks_members

Now depending on how you want it setup for viewing the link purposes... like if you want guests to see the link and read and such... then add the link into all three templates... if you only want registered members to see the link then just add it into toplinks_members and toplinks_admin.

Now if your using a fairly modified skin set... such as one of my skins... then i would be more than happy to make the button up for you for the skin as well as explain how to add it into the coding i have inside the certain templates.

Hope this all helps..Smile
k, thanks, it worked Smile

Only problem I have left now is that when you press the add shout-button nothing happens Undecided
are u using MM's shoutbox.
if u are try looking at the source of the page (right click->view source, or on the toolbar view->source)
look for the string <form method... should looks like
<form method="post" action="shoutbox.php">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_shout">
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
<tr><td class="tborder">
<table border="0" cellspacing="$theme[borderwidth]" cellpadding="$theme[tablespace]" width="100%">
<tr><td class="trow1" align="center"><font>Shout: <input type="text" name="message" size="40" maxlength="60"> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Add Shout"></font></td>
</tr>
</form>
make sure the form tag is pointing to shoutbox.php (if u changed the name it well need to be changed) and the first action should have do_shout
if u need the change anything in it edit the template shoutbox_submit, should be in the global set
yes, I'm using MM's shoutbox and everything is correct. If I press the add shout-button he loads and then says "Done" but I don't see anything, even if I go back to shoutbox.php there's nothing changed Undecided.
This is a very strange sounding issue. Undecided

Can you post a link to your shoutbox so as I can test it out for myself please?

Thank you. Smile
Thanks. Smile

I've had a quick look and it seems that you are using an old version of the shoutbox. A new version was released a few days ago which fixed this issue amongst various others.

Please download the attached shoutbox.php file and upload it to your forums root directory, overwrite the existing shoutbox.php and try again.

I think that should work. Wink

Good luck.
it works, thanks Smile
No problem.

I'm glad everything is now sorted. Smile
Pages: 1 2