MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will no longer accept logins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed MyBB 1.8.21 yesterday and created 2 accounts, admin and a user for testing.

When I try to log in I now get this error:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'passwordconvert' in 'field list' Query: SELECT username,password,salt,loginkey,coppauser,usergroup,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype,passwordconvertsalt,uid FROM mb_users WHERE username='rb5xtopo' LIMIT 1
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?
Thanks,
Dave
Are you using / did you try to use any third party password hashing plugin?
No. I have not. I do have ezgallery running, but that was installed yesterday early in the process. I created the normal user login some time after that and had logged in with the admin user and normal several times today.
It seems like it is saying I am already logged in, that "LIMIT 1 " thing I assume.
After a reboot for fun, I seem to get an "authorization code mismatch" error. I read of a mod to make to soem files, but I can't find those files (I am using the default theme). Apparently I need to change some templates, but I have no idea where they are.

Dave

This is the page with the "fix" for the authorization code mismatch problem.
https://community.mybb.com/thread-218862.html
(2019-10-19, 03:25 AM)DaveĀ Everett Wrote: [ -> ]SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'passwordconvert' in 'field list' Query: SELECT username,password,salt,loginkey,coppauser,usergroup,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype,passwordconvertsalt,uid FROM mb_users WHERE username='rb5xtopo' LIMIT 1

The passwordconvert, passwordconverttype and passwordconvertsalt columns are added when the database is converted using the Merge System, and user logging in is checked by the loginconvert plugin first.

I don't know why you had (or can have) this plugin activated in a brand new MyBB installation.
(2019-10-19, 07:34 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-19, 03:25 AM)DaveĀ Everett Wrote: [ -> ]SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'passwordconvert' in 'field list' Query: SELECT username,password,salt,loginkey,coppauser,usergroup,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype,passwordconvertsalt,uid FROM mb_users WHERE username='rb5xtopo' LIMIT 1

The passwordconvert, passwordconverttype and passwordconvertsalt columns are added when the database is converted using the Merge System, and user logging in is checked by the loginconvert plugin first.

I don't know why you had (or can have) this plugin activated in a brand new MyBB installation.
It's a mystery to me. I did a complete new install, cleared cookies and still had the same issue. Then I installed version .15 and now I have access.

Dave