MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board Message vs. Latest News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was wondering what is the difference between the Board Message and Latest News mods. From the descriptions, they sound alike.

Thanks.
They are relatively similar in appearence, but both have different functions. I will explain below.

The "Board Message" adds a bar to the header of every page displaying the message you set in the forum settings area of the control panel. This allows you to give any message to your users at any time.

The "Latest News" however, adds a bar to the top of the index page only, which contains a link to the latest thread in the forum you specify as your "Announcements" forum. This works in a similar way to Invision Boards latest news setting, and is an easy way to inform your users of a new announcement.

I hope this clears things up a little. Smile
I'm prolly going to use the Board Message myself. At my forums it'd be easier to put in a message rather than a link-to-message as I expect it will be used a lot. At least to remind people of irc chat games every friday. Smile

Apex, I checked out your forums and like. Now I just need to get me a bike and get involved. Big Grin
musicalmidget Wrote:They are relatively similar in appearence, but both have different functions. I will explain below.

The "Board Message" adds a bar to the header of every page displaying the message you set in the forum settings area of the control panel. This allows you to give any message to your users at any time.

The "Latest News" however, adds a bar to the top of the index page only, which contains a link to the latest thread in the forum you specify as your "Announcements" forum. This works in a similar way to Invision Boards latest news setting, and is an easy way to inform your users of a new announcement.

I hope this clears things up a little. Smile

Yes it does...thanks.
Lucid Wrote:I'm prolly going to use the Board Message myself. At my forums it'd be easier to put in a message rather than a link-to-message as I expect it will be used a lot. At least to remind people of irc chat games every friday. Smile

Apex, I checked out your forums and like. Now I just need to get me a bike and get involved. Big Grin

Thanks...Bikes are fun to ride.
hope you get bmx bike

I ride bmx bikes Big Grin