MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cerise Theme Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2019-10-20, 09:52 PM)fishntassie Wrote: [ -> ]unfortunately Vintagedaddyo is no longer releasing things and has pulled most of his stuff as is his right.

Correct, and thank you for clarifying that for me. Though, the removal of content here is primarily to avoid support requests until such a time if or when I decide to re-visit mybb. That is not to say the majority of content is not available in archive form for example: https://github.com/vintagedaddyo
so that existing users can still have access to say the last version of whatever project I had.

Also note: the cerise acp style still on the mods site is highly oudated as I split from the collab and the most up to date version was and had been released for some time included in the cerulean acp style pkg found here: https://github.com/vintagedaddyo/MyBB_AC...e_Cerulean so that would be the pkg to use
(2019-10-27, 08:54 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-20, 09:52 PM)fishntassie Wrote: [ -> ]unfortunately Vintagedaddyo is no longer releasing things and has pulled most of his stuff as is his right.

Correct, and thank you for clarifying that for me. Though, the removal of content here is primarily to avoid support requests until such a time if or when I decide to re-visit mybb. That is not to say the majority of content is not available in archive form for example: https://github.com/vintagedaddyo
so that existing users can still have access to say the last version of whatever project I had.

Also note: the cerise acp style still on the mods site is highly oudated as I split from the collab and the most up to date version was and had been released for some time included in the cerulean acp style pkg found here: https://github.com/vintagedaddyo/MyBB_AC...e_Cerulean so that would be the pkg to use

Okay, should I expect that Cerise theme's support would not available in the near future??

You know, frankly speaking then I will have to look for another theme!!
(2019-10-30, 04:43 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-27, 08:54 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]

Okay, should I expect that Cerise theme's support would not available in the near future??

You know, frankly speaking then I will have to look for another theme!!

"ACP style" just saying, as it has always been in mybb: "theme" = (frontend styling) and "style" = backend (admin control panel) Perhaps the confusion end users have is that in mods site sorting acp styles and frontend themes are categorized together but the bbs  terminology in the core is still present to represent the difference between theme and style. Food for thought. 

Anyhoo, the acp style in question was updated for 1.8.21 and should be fine. Currently I am not using mybb nor working on existing projects so logic would dictate that my time is occupied by other matters in life as I also am not a machine mindlessly pumping out project after project, tutorial after tutorial, support response after support response but I in fact am a human being with a life beyond the keyboard and monitor doing this for many years free of charge and folks often forget that in offline life things can and will occur to take priority over online realms and at this present time other things are taking life priority. That is not to say I may not return to said projects or return to using mybb at some point in the near future or distant future hence why the projects are archived so that users may still have use of them though currently I do not have the available time I once had to dedicate to writing tons of tutorials and managing a ton of support requests. As far as usage that is your choice and many acp styles present on the mods site are highly oudated and lacking in support, so use mine or not, no skin of my back though most of my acp styles (except for the rtl versions as I had not gotten around to updating them) are current and work perfectly fine with the current dist pkg version of mybb so with or without current support, I fail to see the problem with continued usage besides say a user having personal issues with usage. Anyhoo, regardless of choice, thanks for the interest and usage.
I am not using ACP style, I am using the user end theme only.
(2019-10-31, 03:38 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]I am not using ACP style, I am using the user end theme only.

Umm, where is there an #f2f2f2 in the theme file because none was nor should be present as well as none are or should be present in any of the included theme files and sounds more like a styling conflict with a plugin or say a user customization or just a plain ol browser conflict perhaps. If you scan the theme xml or any other included file you will not find: f2f2f2  so this is not an issue with the theme at all.

Well, anyhoo then since this pertains to the frontend theme, again the usage should not be an issue as you can see the current cerise frontend theme version was also updated to 1821 back then and should work fine with 1821

The archived repository for the frontend theme would be found https://github.com/vintagedaddyo/MyBB_Theme_Cerise
Okay so I saw the theme in git. I think I am using an older version of the theme. Although my problem is resolved but I would like to know how to update the theme?
(2019-10-31, 04:13 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so I saw the theme in git. I think I am using an older version of the theme. Although my problem is resolved but I would like to know how to update the theme?

Upload and overwrite contained files, now here is two options for update. One: remove / delete existing pertaining theme templates set and stylesheets and install the theme xml again...., or Two: if you have customizations to existing theme rename existing theme and pertaining template sets and install theme xml then copy your customizations from the old renamed theme stylesheets and templates. The third way would be more complicated than needed and that would be to open existing xml file and copy each specific stylesheet and template to their respective locations within your existing theme but that is a more tedious task than the first two options.

This is completely different than updating an existing installed theme to be current with latest bbs version as that requires viewing diff and editing for reflective core changes but that would not be needed in this case because cerise is already updated for 1821. Also there are other additions to the theme like gid specific post styling so it would not be just that and you should use one of the three  aforementioned methods found above
Pages: 1 2