MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Embeded YT videos look ridiculous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone

I have a question about embedding videos. I am using the standard embed video functionality on my newly created forum. 

Unfortunately it looks very weird on desktop and mobile. 

Here's how it looks on desktop : [Image: vid-on-laptop.jpg]
As you can see, all stretched across the screen.  All I am doing is using the video functionality, then pasting the Youtube URL.

I am using the "Focus Responsive" theme, found here : https://wallbb.co.uk/product/focus-respo...ybb-theme/

It comes highly recommended, and I was attracted by the professionalism of the outfit.  

Any ideas what I can do? If I cannot use it properly, and it's not obvious to me, there is no hope for my users!

2: Also, adding images is a right pain too. Adding an image from a URL is fine for me, since I have a website etc - but what are my users suppsed to do? I tried testing with IMGUR but the URL convention is all messed up and nothing was posted. So, I had to go and lie down for a few hours.
(2019-10-19, 08:21 PM)stevejabbaeron Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone

I have a question about embedding videos. I am using the standard embed video functionality on my newly created forum. 

Unfortunately it looks very weird on desktop and mobile. 

Here's how it looks on desktop : [Image: vid-on-laptop.jpg]
As you can see, all stretched across the screen.  All I am doing is using the video functionality, then pasting the Youtube URL.

I am using the "Focus Responsive" theme, found here : https://wallbb.co.uk/product/focus-respo...ybb-theme/

It comes highly recommended, and I was attracted by the professionalism of the outfit.  

Any ideas what I can do? If I cannot use it properly, and it's not obvious to me, there is no hope for my users!

2: Also, adding images is a right pain too. Adding an image from a URL is fine for me, since I have a website etc - but what are my users suppsed to do? I tried testing with IMGUR but the URL convention is all messed up and nothing was posted.

You may have to use XThreads plugin to accomplish what you want to do. WallBB will be able to answer that question himself.

That is what has been done on my website.
There's nothing you can do about the upload of images for now. It's an area which should be improved on, for improved user friendliness.

Linking to 3rd party URLs such as imgur or postimage.org is the only way for users to add images. Also they can add them as file attachments, which takes some figuring out at first.
Got the postimage.org thing working - pretty simple. Much better than IMGUR.

Let's hope the users start using it. I put out an announcement showing them how to do it.

Still awaiting a reply from wallbb re YT videos, but I suppose it is sunday!
I like postimage.org myself. Try to encourage them to use the thumbnail option which could link to a bigger pic ... it's better for page loading speed, and hence mobile devices.
(2019-10-20, 12:07 PM)stevejabbaeron Wrote: [ -> ]Still awaiting a reply from wallbb re YT videos, but I suppose it is sunday!

Link to that page, please?