MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple IP in Who's Online?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Only one of the users with the same IP appears in Who's online section. I think I can explain this better by example.

Person A and person B have the same IP. They don't appear in Who's online at the same time. Always seems to have the last logged user. How can I fix this? I want them both to appear at the same time in Who's online.
If one of them who have a same IP is guest (non logged in user), I'm afraid currently there's no good way to have a correct display of all of them, at least in the latest 1.8.21 release.

The issue is caused by the MyBB's session creation/purging policy. A recent fix relating to this issue has been merged to current 1.8.22 developing branch, but I'm not sure if it can show correct online members. Sorry, it's been a long time since the last time I read that code.
(2019-10-20, 07:05 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]If one of them who have a same IP is guest (non logged in user), I'm afraid currently there's no good way to have a correct display of all of them, at least in the latest 1.8.21 release.

The issue is caused by the MyBB's session creation/purging policy. A recent fix relating to this issue has been merged to current 1.8.22 developing branch, but I'm not sure if it can show correct online members. Sorry, it's been a long time since the last time I read that code.
Thank you noyle. You always try to help us. However I'm still researching for a solution.
Can you check ACP -> Configuration -> Server and Optimisation -> Scrutinize User's IP address -> Set to Yes

See if this resolves the issue.
Thank you