MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to show smiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please I wish to show smiles in my own forum
Like new thread smiles
Like / comment Smiles on a post
Can you be a little bit more precise?

In ACP you can add or remove "Smilies" as well as "Post Icons". Smilies need to be activated.
Forum icons can be replaced with smilie images (images/forum_icon_sprite.png).
Thread icons can also be replaced (images/folders_sprite.png).

Feel free to put smilies wherever you want Smile

[ExiTuS]
Enlighten me more please
AdminCP / Configuration / Settings / Clickable Smilies and BBCode
Clickable MyCode Editor set to On.
Clickable Smilies Inserter set to On.

Smilies can also be enabled or disabled in users Signature block, and in Private Messages.
See settings in Profile Options and Private Messaging.

[edit to add]
Theme properties has a field to identify location of graphics used in that theme. Typically it is images/themename
Please give me the HTML that I will use
Sorry guy, relating on your questions and replies in general, it really can be questioned whether you're able to run a forum.
Learn some basics and skills first! Make yourself a little bit familiar with what you want to achieve! That's a rule to get on.

[ExiTuS]
Thank you

(2019-10-23, 10:57 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry guy, relating on your questions and replies in general, it really can be questioned whether you're able to run a forum.
Learn some basics and skills first! Make yourself a little bit familiar with what you want to achieve! That's a rule to get on.

[ExiTuS]

Let me have your contact
(2019-10-23, 06:24 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]AdminCP / Configuration / Settings / Clickable Smilies and BBCode
Clickable MyCode Editor set to On.
Clickable Smilies Inserter set to On.

Smilies can also be enabled or disabled in users Signature block, and in Private Messages.
See settings in Profile Options and Private Messaging.

[edit to add]
Theme properties has a field to identify location of graphics used in that theme. Typically it is images/themename

I used a shortcut method to specify the path. This is commonly used, and once you see it in action, it is a piece of cake.

Click on Configuration.
Click on Settings.
Scroll down to find and click on Clickable Smilies and BBCode
Make sure Clickable Mycode Editor setting is set to On.
Make sure Clickable Smilies Inserter is set to On.

Click on Settings again (or back on browser).
Scroll down and click on Profile Options.
Choose your preference for Allow Smilies in Signatures.

Click on Settings again (or back on browser).
Scroll down and click on Private Messaging.
Choose your preference for Allow Smilies.

-------------------

I admit I started with a fully functioning forum that had been running for 3 years, but one of my first objectives was to look and see what was in the Admin CP. Not necessarily to change things, but to see what was there. I looked at all the options and clicked on just about every link. If I made a change, I wrote it down. I still have the notebook.

I created and ran a second instance of the forum by duplicating the database and forum files. I made changes there to see what would happen. If it was good, I made the change in the live forum. If I really messed something up, I could revert to an earlier version of the database.

Boss, I can't tell you what to do, so much as I can tell you what I did. I'm still learning.

Everyone starts somewhere.