MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: If you allow 'code' and 'php' while posting a thread or post, is that dangerous?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeah, its exactly in the title,

Is it dangerous? Srry am noob here haha, cause this is first time i use this software, i tried doing some HTML code into the posts but it didnt work, so that's great, i want to disable php and html code added by users in my forum you see, is disabling html in posts in the admin panel in forums and posts, is that enough to disable php and 'code'? I dont want  any security risks in my forum you see
(2019-10-23, 10:20 AM)Z0MBieys Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, its exactly in the title,

Is it dangerous? Srry am noob here haha, cause this is first time i use this software, i tried doing some HTML code into the posts but it didnt work, so that's great, i want to disable php and html code added by users in my forum you see, is disabling html in posts in the admin panel in forums and posts, is that enough to disable php and 'code'? I dont want  any security risks in my forum you see
php and code are only tags allowing formatting, they are not interpreters, so no danger with them.
The CODE and PHP Tags in MyBB Editor will NOT bring any security risk for sure.
It is NO execution of code!
It is just another style for this kind of "text" to make the code readable well. You can even design the appearance of this tags by your own.

[ExiTuS]