MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum for the school
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am new to the forum community, so I need some help to understand if MyBB can be the right solution for my project.
Since I volunteered to help PTA in setting up a forum for the school, can anyone advise me if the following is possible:

1) Rules and Roles - there are following parties with different roles
a. Super Admin (king/queen)
b. Admin (to setup forum structure, assign moderators, approve/remove users, etc.)
c. Moderators (to add/moderate topics, create polls)
d. Teachers (to view, post and suggest topics to moderators)
e. Parents (to view, post and create topics)
f. Visitors (to view general info)

2) Registration by invite only - one parent of each child will be able to register by using specific code

3) Creating Polls and Surveys - to get opinion of people about specific topic

4) Advertising/banners system - so forum can support itself

5) Donation/Charity system - for rasing money linked to PayPal or some other solution

6) Analytics and reporting - for overall statistics of the forum

7) Responsive - Mobile and tablet friendly

I think I covered most of the things.
If you have any suggestions for the theme and plugins, feel free to reply.
Thanks
Welcome to Mybb! Everything you are asking for is already included in Mybb 1.8.x except #7, you will need to contact a theme developer to make your theme completely responsive, or you can purchase a premium Mybb theme which already has this feature

Assigning groups can be done through the Admin CP, just go to Users & Groups > Groups

If you need any extra plugins, there are many free ones located at https://community.mybb.com/mods.php
Great and thanks @makpaolo for the fast reply.
Do you know the good article with steps for installing and instructions for points I mentioned?

Regarding the theme, any suggestion which is made for the school in mind (like already structured in that way) and responsive?
(2019-10-24, 07:49 AM)mstrike Wrote: [ -> ]Great and thanks @makpaolo for the fast reply.
Do you know the good article with steps for installing and instructions for points I mentioned?

Regarding the theme, any suggestion which is made for the school in mind (like already structured in that way) and responsive?

Many premium themes can be found here https://community.mybb.com/forum-204.html (there are also free themes in the extended page, but I am not sure if all are responsive)

One thing I can recommend to u is using the search function on here. U will most likely find all your answers there, and most of your requests will be free plugins Smile
There are a couple of free methods through which you can make your forum responsive for free. The only drawback is that you might not like those free themes. As in their colour layout etc