MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP 7.2 causing error on my forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am running 1.8.21 on 3 different forums.  I want to upgrade each to php 7.2 but when I switch over from 5.6, I get this error:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type: MyBB Error (44) Error Message: MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB

Any ideas on how to fix?
I saw that but it has been awhile...I forget how to check for mysqli in cPanel?  My config.php is mysql
Why are you checking cPanel?

It says to check inc/config.php

if yours is mysql there, what happens when you change it to mysqli ?
(2019-10-25, 08:31 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you checking cPanel?

It says to check inc/config.php

if yours is mysql there, what happens when you change it to mysqli ?

I tried changing config.php to mysqli but it still does not fix the white screen...
What i would do is load a bone stock MyBB forum into a test folder of your hosting environment. To see if it throws errors.

If there are no errors, then it could be custom code or plugins causing the error.
(2019-10-25, 08:42 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]What i would do is load a bone stock MyBB forum into a test folder of your hosting environment. To see if it throws errors.

If there are no errors, then it could be custom code or plugins causing the error.

Thanks!  I'll give it a try...it's just weird that it happens on all 3 of my forums.  1 is bone stock with just a custom theme installed.
You should speak to your host as well. None of us know what your SQL server configuration might be.
OK, I did some digging and found a couple plugins were affecting my upgrade to php 7.2...so I got them fixed but now when I switch over to php 7.2, everything works on the front side but I lose all my plugins on the ACP Plugin page??  I mean, the plugins still work but they are not listed at all!  See screen shot below.  When I revert back to php 5.6, the plugins list normally again!  No errors or anything, just missing plugin list??

Any ideas how to fix this remaining issue?

Thanks...

[attachment=42255]

ETA:  I think I figured it out!  Askimet plugin was inactive but once I went into FTP and tested it out of inc/plugin, the plugin list became visible again!  IDK why but that is what it was!