MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am upgrading from 1.8.20 to .21.  I uploaded all the files in the upload folder to my root directory.  i then entered my url with /install at the end and i received this error.

Templates Reverted

Error
No theme functions file has been found. Make sure that all files are uploaded properly.
Looks like the upgrade script can't find the theme function file in admin folder.

Do you use a custom admin directory for AdminCP, a.k.a. Admin CP directory? See your configuration file in ./inc/config.php for something like $config['admin_dir'] =.

If so, upload all files & folders in ./admin/ directory to your renamed admin folder, and make sure the admin folder under root directory doesn't exist for security reason.
Yup thank you!!!!

I have another issue now. When i try to enter a forum i get a 404. The link is in my sig.. Please tell me i didnt just some how lose all my content?
Your forum is closed right now and I don't see any forum link for me to access.

Maybe you're using search engine friendly link, either by MyBB's built-in one or plugins. Check:
1, settings in MyBB
2, settings or files in HTTP server for rewrite rules
3, plugin's files and settings

BTW, the image links of the menu items in the header area seem broken.
sorry i had everything shut down. Its back on now!!!
I don't know what server software are you using, you should check if rewrite rules are correctly set up. See https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration...ndly-URLs/ for help.

But there can be other plugin's fault that will cause this issue. Also check if setting of the 404 error redirect is correct.

Looks like the theme/template is in a mess. Carefully modify your theme/template w.r.t the Mybb's default theme/template.
I very much appreciate the tips. Im trying them out now!!!

i fixed it.. it was the google SEO Plugin. I first deactivated it and the 404 went away but then when i tried to click on a thread it said that the page could not be found. then i reactivated it and the 404 was back. I had forgot to apply the changed to the core files!! Thanks for the help@@!!

There are still some issues to work out but i think i have it from here!!!