MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I ban Super Moderators from del posts permanently?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I ban Super Moderators from del posts permanently?
I have to ban this functions because some of my management team members betrayed our rules.

Thank you
Do you mean to remove the super moderator user group's privilege of permanently deleting posts, or one specific super moderator's said privilege?
(2019-10-30, 11:43 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean to remove the super moderator user group's privilege of permanently deleting posts, or one specific super moderator's said privilege?
Both are workable SmileDo you have any ideas?
Thanks
As far as I know, MyBB doesn't have such fine-grained permissions of posting management for super moderators and admins. It does have that specific permissions for moderators.

IMO, with a plugin that can prohibit some permission on the fly would help. (But I guess there's no such plugin available.)
Try this: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=908

It's a plugin I wrote a while ago that hasn't been as popular as I'd hoped but should do what you need. It lets you add users as moderators across the entire forum, whilst limiting their permissions.

By default MyBB only has super moderators, who have all powers across the entire board, and regular moderators, where you can pick what they can and can't do, but only on a per-forum basis. I realised it was a bit odd to not have anything in the middle, so I wrote the plugin. Let me know if it helps.
(2019-11-01, 07:09 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Try this: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=908

It's a plugin I wrote a while ago that hasn't been as popular as I'd hoped but should do what you need. It lets you add users as moderators across the entire forum, whilst limiting their permissions.

By default MyBB only has super moderators, who have all powers across the entire board, and regular moderators, where you can pick what they can and can't do, but only on a per-forum basis. I realised it was a bit odd to not have anything in the middle, so I wrote the plugin. Let me know if it helps.

Wow! It could be beneficial to have this fine-grained permission settings for super mods & admin in MyBB's front-end, as a part of MyBB's integrated feature.