MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: XML Sitemap for mybbforum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have searched online already but cannot find an XML sitemap (or sitemap of any kind) for my BB Forum.

I have found this one, (it's the Google SEO plugin by frostschutzbut there are tons of support threads about this plugin and I am very concerned about installing it.  Looks like it does all sorts of things to URLs, etc.  Don't want to destroy the forum.

Are there any plugins that work reliably to generate a simple XML sitemap for My BB Forums?

Thanks a lot
Or this one I did recently
(2019-10-31, 08:19 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Or this one I did recently

Well yours seem more professional.
Can we use it along with Google SEO plugin?
(2019-10-31, 01:07 PM)Muti Wrote: [ -> ]

The Google seo plugin has already a sitemap functionality on board.
A big thankyou to those of you who responded. I installed the original plugin, however the suggestion by Crazycat looks interesting.
Thanks for all your help.
(2019-10-31, 04:32 AM)steveuk12345 Wrote: [ -> ](it's the Google SEO plugin by frostschutzbut there are tons of support threads about this plugin and I am very concerned about installing it.  Looks like it does all sorts of things to URLs, etc.

The plugin has a setting for almost everything which means you can install it and then only enable the Sitemap and nothing whatsoever else.
(2019-10-31, 01:56 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-31, 01:07 PM)Muti Wrote: [ -> ]

The Google seo plugin has already a sitemap functionality on board.
I agree with SvePu: my plugin isn't needed if you already use Google SEO plugin. ABP Sitemap is for pple who just want a sitemap without other SEO optimisations, or which just use an url rewriting (as SEO Links!)
(2019-11-01, 09:38 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-31, 04:32 AM)steveuk12345 Wrote: [ -> ](it's the Google SEO plugin by frostschutzbut there are tons of support threads about this plugin and I am very concerned about installing it.  Looks like it does all sorts of things to URLs, etc.

The plugin has a setting for almost everything which means you can install it and then only enable the Sitemap and nothing whatsoever else.

Correct. Which I decided to do at HF. It's a good plugin but it is a monster. The Sitemap runs well and Google likes it just fine. I have 3.7m threads so using a sitemap that can scale that high is important. This one does it no problems.