MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Import using CSV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have about 6000 posts that I want to import to MyBB.

Currently I am trying to do this through phpmyadmin by importing to the my_posts table using CSV.

I wrote a converter to take the forum messages I have from Yahoo and saved them in a format that would be suitable to import as CSV. This works as they appear correctly in the my-posts table, but they do not appear in the Mybb forum.

I setup a new forum called "test" I found the forum ID (19) and added that to all the posts I was importing in the correct field.

What else might stop them be readable in the forum?

Thanks,
Dave
You need to rebuild the forum chaches.
Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager

[ExiTuS]
Thanks that kind of helped. I am seeing some strange results, for example although in the table the correct subject text is in the subject field. It shows text from a deleted post. I guess I need to spend more time understanding how the table works.

Dave

I managed to get 2 posts working, posts 1221 and 1222, but none of the other posts for FID 19 show.

Could someone look at this table and tell me what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Dave
[attachment=42262]

Slowly working things out. Turns out you need to create a csv file for my_threads as well or nothing can be seen.