MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions problem after move
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hope you can help...

We had a server crash so we had to copy all the mybb site files over to another server and migrate the database.

One the surface of it, the site looks OK. It renders OK and pulls in the data from the database.

BUT,

If I click on any of the site links I get a 404 when the site tries to open forum-xx.html pages e.g. forum-49.html or forum-67.html

I've upgraded to the latest release.

I assume it's a permissions or ownership thing that I've missed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

TIA
Did you used google SEO plugin ?
Have you modified .htaccess after the move ?
(2019-10-31, 05:15 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Did you used google SEO plugin ?

Hi WallBB

Not using Google SEO plugin.
Interestingly(?) my htaccess file is called htaccess.txt on both the broken server and the new one. Both the same.

htaccess shouldn't have a .txt ending should it?

(2019-10-31, 05:25 PM)broadsword Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-31, 05:15 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Did you used google SEO plugin ?

Hi WallBB

Not using Google SEO plugin.
Interestingly(?) my htaccess file is called htaccess.txt on both the broken server and the new one.  Both the same.

htaccess shouldn't have a .txt ending should it?

Sorry correction....

The original site had a file called htaccess.txt but no htaccess file.

I've renamed the htaccess file on the new site so that it doesn't have an htaccess too - like the old site.

Appreciate your help, what else can I try?
If you are using URLs of this format:
forum-49.html or forum-67.html

then it means you have SEF URLs enabled in ACP, and you should then be having a .htaccess file, the absence of one would account for the 404 errors.
(2019-10-31, 06:09 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using URLs of this format:
forum-49.html or forum-67.html

then it means you have SEF URLs enabled in ACP, and you should then be having a .htaccess file, the absence of one would account for the 404 errors.

Thanks Ashley, I had "Enable search engine friendly URLs in Archive?" truned off off but missed "Enable search engine friendly URLs?" - doh!

Not sure what happened but at least you've got my site up and running - thank you!
Have a look on this document on search engine friendly URLs: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration...ndly-URLs/
You can re-enable it, if your current server meets the requirements, by following the instruction on that document.