MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to upgrade MyBB Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to install a new theme last night, when I did that it told me I need to upgrade my MyBB. Well something went wrong with the installation, and I scrapped everything and started over. So I tried to reinstall MyBB on my forum. When I used the quick install it installed Version 1.6.12. So then I went to MyBB.com and downloaded the latest package. Unzipped and replaced all files in my root/upload folder. After doing that it will show that MyBB is now on version 1.8.21. Then I will try to go to my Forums to see if it will load. When I do that I get an error stating that I need to upgrade my site. So then I try to reach out to yoursitename.com/install/upgrade.php. When I try to go there I get another stating that the page does not exist . Is anyone familiar with this issue?

(2019-11-01, 12:46 PM)wicurcyn Wrote: [ -> ]I was trying to install a new theme last night, when I did that it told me I need to upgrade my MyBB. Well something went wrong with the installation, and I scrapped everything and started over. So I tried to reinstall MyBB on my forum. When I used the quick install it installed Version 1.6.12. So then I went to MyBB.com and downloaded the latest package. Unzipped and replaced all files in my root/upload folder. After doing that it will show that MyBB is now on version 1.8.21. Then I will try to go to my Forums to see if it will load. When I do that I get an error stating that I need to upgrade my site. So then I try to reach out to yoursitename.com/install/upgrade.php. When I try to go there I get another stating that the page does not exist . Is anyone familiar with this issue?

I was finally able to get past that part. I am now stuck on the upgrade process for the Data Cache Building. I keep getting a MySQL error

Error : MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'enabled' in 'where clause'Query:SELECT * FROM mybb_attachtypes WHERE enabled=1
Did you use an app installer to set up your forum? Looks like your app installer has an very old version of MyBB (1.6).

If you have just started your forum without creating any other user/thread/post, better start the installation all by yourself with fresh files & database. You can find installation manual here: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/ .

If you do insist going on with your current MyBB instance, please specify the version of MyBB you have in your forum root folder, and make sure the files are all correctly uploaded. Maybe you need someone to assist you with upgrading your MyBB to the latest version. It would be painful.
(2019-11-01, 01:20 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use an app installer to set up your forum? Looks like your app installer has an very old version of MyBB (1.6).

If you have just started your forum without creating any other user/thread/post, better start the installation all by yourself with fresh files & database. You can find installation manual here: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/ .

If you do insist going on with your current MyBB instance, please specify the version of MyBB you have in your forum root folder, and make sure the files are all correctly uploaded. Maybe you need someone to assist you with upgrading your MyBB to the latest version. It would be painful.
Yes after some more pokin around. I finally figured it out! Ty for the help