MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dark 1.8 Theme Update | Need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, i 'm using the Dark1.8 theme on my forum with a lot of customizations.

The theme hasn't been updated since a long time and the theme creator isn't active anymore on community forums since a long time.

So, my question is, what would be better?

-Install a new free theme?

-Buy a new theme?

-Hire someone who can update the Dark 1.8 theme?

I would prefer to have an updated theme in future too.

Thanks a lot for your opinions.
Are you using GoDark ? Can you share the URL of the theme if possible.

If an update is not available, then definitely go with a theme that is updated frequently.
He is using Dark1.8, available here. https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=137
Thanks @HFL, i was just to reply here.

(2019-11-06, 12:29 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using GoDark ? Can you share the URL of the theme if possible.

If an update is not available, then definitely go with a theme that is updated frequently.
Is it possibile to find someone who can update the theme i'm using?
You said "a lot of customizations". Who did them, did you make a list, and how easy would it be to do them again?
Dark1.8 may be best updated (with compromises) by working with the current default theme and making changes based on the existing outdated Dark1.8 which was created and working when 1.8.0 came out. There have been a lot of significant changes to 1.8 since then.

This is the method I used to reasonably recreate a custom theme when updating from 1.6.10 to 1.8.x when I upgraded. It took some time because I was learning as I went, but it worked. Eventually, I created some variations.

Currently working with a couple paid themes.
I made all those changes by asking support here on the forum. Normally i am not having any problems with my theme and it looks really brilliant but this post made me think that perhaps i need to update something now as the theme hasn't been updated since a long time.