MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: if i active myActivity plugin, this error will show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day boss in the community,
I have been facing this issue over a year now, Most of my plugins are working before, Suddenly they turn out not to work again.

One of the Plugin is MyActivity

check the attachment for the error it show
Copy the attach file into "inc/plugins" folder on server (overwrite the old one) and install plugin from ACP.
You're using MariaDB which is not supported by MyBB, though it's semi-equivalent to MySQL.

Switch to MySQL, or contact the plugin authors for making their plugins compatible for MariaDB, or manually rewrite some SQL compatible.
(2019-11-07, 07:33 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]You're using MariaDB which is not supported by MyBB, though it's semi-equivalent to MySQL.

Switch to MySQL, or contact the plugin authors for making their plugins compatible for MariaDB, or manually rewrite some SQL compatible.
MariaDB IS supported by MyBB, but some plugins use reserved keywords in their queries. Even with MySQL, these words are deprecated.
(2019-11-07, 11:34 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]MariaDB IS supported by MyBB, but some plugins use reserved keywords in their queries. Even with MySQL, these words are deprecated.

That's it - Crazycat Wink
(2019-11-07, 11:34 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-07, 07:33 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]You're using MariaDB which is not supported by MyBB, though it's semi-equivalent to MySQL.

MariaDB IS supported by MyBB, but some plugins use reserved keywords in their queries. Even with MySQL, these words are deprecated.

Yes, MyBB can't handle these reserved keywords natively through quoting, so MariaDB is not supported. Also, in MyBB 1.8, not using quoting to escape reserved keywords is for compatibility for other two SQL DbMS.

However, MyBB does avoid using those reserved keywords and therefore MyBB can run on MariaDB.