MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Am unable to use two domain on my forum, please come to my aids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Boss,

my forum is wapforum.com.ng

So i jut purchase wapforum.net

And it's working fine.

But the only error am having with the new domain name is

"When people visit the wapforum.net, and they login, it will successfully login, But when they click any post it will redirect back to wapforum.com.ng, and it will show them as Guest, that's means they need to login again,

Second error us, "when i visited using wapforum.net and i login, if i try To LOGOUT , it will not log out

Boss please try to check it
visit wapforum.net and login using this account

Username: tester123
Password: 123456
Turn directly to you forum's AdminCP, under Configuration > Board Settings > Site Details, change following fields with your new domain:
  • Board URL
  • Cookie Domain

By design, MyBB 1.8 doesn't support forum accessing using multiple domain name. So you should choose which to use, either wapforum.net or wapforum.com.ng.
Also add this in the .htaccess file of the old domain so people will be redirected to the new address:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule (.*) http://wapforum.net/$1 [R=301,L]
It would be best to use DNS to make the old domain forward to the new one. So just let your ".com.ng" lead to ".net".
Do you have any access to modify DNS records on your hosting service?

This is the uppermost config you can do. An alternate is .htaccess (On webserver layer) or HTML forwarding (Client layer). I recommend DNS.

[ExiTuS]