MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help needed seriously, come to my aids Expert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Boss in the community

am having a problem currently on my forum

my URL is wapforum.com.ng

i just purchased a new domain (wapforum.net)

firstly, everything is redirecting to wapforum.com.ng (which is what i want)

This is the problem
The main problem is that "if i visit wapforum.net (the new domain), and i log in, it will log in successfully, 
but if i click anything after that it will redirect back to wapforum.com.ng (Yeah, i want it to redirect)

But it will log out the user, the user will need to login again.

How can i fix the issue,
i want everything redirects to the old domain, and if they login through the new domain, it should not log out if they click any link

user the demo account to login to wapforum.net and try to click create post
username: tester123
password: 123456
It can't work: the login cookie is domain dependant.
So, you have to redirect everything from wapforum.net to wapforum.com.ng => means that wapforum.net must NOT display any page, just redirect.
You can easily do that by well configuring your wapforum.net vhost in apache (or nginx) and force the 301 redirection.
How will i do that
i want everything to redirect to wapforum.com.ng
even when they come from the .net
(2019-11-08, 03:14 PM)Theowner Wrote: [ -> ]How will i do that
i want everything to redirect to wapforum.com.ng
even when they come from the .net
If you're on a dedicated server / VPS without cPanel or similar, create a virtual host for the .net domain, and add the below code to the .conf file:
Redirect 301 / https://wapforum.com.ng/

Or you can create a virtual host for wapforum.net and create a .htaccess file contaning the below code in its root directory.
(I can't confirm that this is the best way to do it - it's probably not, but it's how i would do it.  Big Grin )
If you are using cPanel, add the .net domain to your domains, and use this.

Resolved - https://community.mybb.com/thread-225260.html