MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Emoticons panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently, on the Quick Reply, there is no option to click emoticons. Could someone perhaps make one like the MsgPlus boards, or take the Smilies panel in the reply or new thread option and put it on the left side of the quick reply?? I think this would be a good mod.

k776
thats what advanced quick reply does

Edit: but that adds way to much stuff when all u want is the clickable smilies Screen Shot Added

[Image: advancedquickreply.gif]
I see what you mean about ugly.

k776
it makes it way to big i wish it was just the smilies thing
musicalmidget your probably the best person to ask (but others feel free to answer if u know)

how can i edited the smilies pop up window (well the misc.php), so that it will add the smilies to the quick reply ? i have added the link to the quick link reply[attachment=16] with the link
javascript:popupWin('misc.php?action=smilies&popup=true','sminsert',430,490)
but when you click on the smilies, they don't add to the text box
Or even this:

[attachment=17]

k776
Well, javascript isn't really one of my strong points, so it would probably not be such an easy job for me personally. Are you aware that this featuer will probably added to RC4?

If nobody else wants to have a try at this I might see what I can do, but I can't promise anything.
yeh i am aware that it will be added to RC 4, but i'm guessing it will be quite along time before that comes out ?
so i was looking to do something now

[edit]
hope u can desing/edit the pop up window that can add the smilies, becuase it would be a great mod and i'm sure many people will use it until RC4 comes out
Well, like I say, if nobody else wants to try this I may be able to help. The PHP side of it can be coded in just a few minutes (I've been testing on localhost), the problem is with the javascript not adding to the quick reply box, which will probably take me a while to figure out.

* Alan Crisp hates javascript :mrgreen:
well i have like no javascript knowledge so i wouldn't be much help