MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Update Patch Released - Usergroups As Moderators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thread is just to inform you that today I released an update patch for the "Usergroups As Moderators" modification.

This update does not bring any new features, but instead fixes a couple of bugs found earlier today. As one of these bugs is potentially quite serious, all users who downloaded the modification before 02/07/2004 21:57 (GMT), are urged to apply the patch as soon as possible.

The download package has been modified, so anyone downloading the modification after this time is not affected.
I seem to have some problems with this mod.

- Adding/deleting groups to forums, works
- Letting them show on the moderated by, works

but the groups don't get permission to do mod stuff, eventhough they got access to it (exept for checking IP)

The moderation pannel to do something with the topic doesn't show, and pressing the edit button gives an you don't have access, or your account doesn't work etc...

Also, i ain't got no posts.php. I searched the codes, and altered moderation.php

I think the problem lies in functions.php because just making somebody mod (without a group) does work

also how can you let the groups show up in showteams.php
I haven't looked at this mod in a while, so I'll take a good look at it this afternoon and see if I can find the cause of these bugs. I'm not entirely sure what the posts.php is about...I don't remember ever seeing that file in MyBB, but this is something else I'll look at.

You can specify which usergroups are displayed on the forum team page from the "Manage Groups" area of the admin cp, by setting the "Show on 'Forum Team' Page?" setting of your groups to yes or no accordingly. Smile
musicalmidget Wrote:I haven't looked at this mod in a while, so I'll take a good look at it this afternoon and see if I can find the cause of these bugs. I'm not entirely sure what the posts.php is about...I don't remember ever seeing that file in MyBB, but this is something else I'll look at.

You can specify which usergroups are displayed on the forum team page from the "Manage Groups" area of the admin cp, by setting the "Show on 'Forum Team' Page?" setting of your groups to yes or no accordingly. Smile

yeah with custom groups, but not with moderators (build in group) Smile
It shows normall moderators, but not the group.

and the postings.php

----- [ OPEN ] ----------------------------------------

postings.php

----- [ FIND ] ----------------------------------------

if(ismod($fid, "canopenclosethreads") != "yes")

----- [ REPLACE WITH ] --------------------------------

if(ismod($fid, "canopenclosethreads") != "yes" && ismodgroup($fid, "canopenclosethreads") != "yes")

----- [ FIND (six times) ] ----------------------------

if(ismod($fid, "candeleteposts") != "yes")

----- [ REPLACE WITH (all six times) ] ----------------

if(ismod($fid, "candeleteposts") != "yes" && ismodgroup($fid, "candeleteposts") != "yes")

----- [ FIND (twelve times) ] -------------------------

if(ismod($fid, "canmanagethreads") != "yes")

----- [ REPLACE WITH (all twelve times) ] -------------

if(ismod($fid, "canmanagethreads") != "yes" && ismodgroup($fid, "canmanagethreads") != "yes")

if(ismod($moveto, "canmanagethreads") != "yes")

if(ismod($moveto, "canmanagethreads") != "yes" && ismodgroup($fid, "canmanagethreads") != "yes")

if(ismod($fid, "canviewips") != "yes")

if(ismod($fid, "canviewips") != "yes" && ismodgroup($fid, "canviewips") != "yes")

if(ismod($mergethread['fid'], "canmanagethreads") != "yes")

if(ismod($mergethread['fid'], "canmanagethreads") != "yes" && ismodgroup($mergethread['fid'], "canmanagethreads") != "yes")

Thats what it says in the txt file
Oh I see now. It seems that postings.php has been replaced with moderation.php as of RC4. However, I obviously forgot to take this change into account with this mod...

That being the case, this mod will be placed into the RC3 category temporarily and I'll get straight to work on a new version. Because of the size of the mod though, it could take a few days before the updated version appears on the main website.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I'm not quite sure how this one slipped the net when I was upgrading mods to be RC4 compatible. :|
musicalmidget Wrote:Sorry for any inconvenience. I'm not quite sure how this one slipped the net when I was upgrading mods to be RC4 compatible. :|

it happens Smile

gues, i'll have to add mods manually Smile

thnx Smile (for looking in to it)