MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post order in thread broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the mechanism by which a thread view is refreshed when a Quick Reply post is made? Is it different than when a New Reply post is made? Is it controlled by a template or stylesheet element?

Background: 1.8.21 clean install with no plugins. Mostly default configuration settings, Merge Posts was disabled to match an existing live forum. Later, I enabled merge posts feature to test.

Using Default theme, everything seems to work as expected. Using custom theme GoDark by WallBB, a quickreply to a thread causes the post to display in the second position. In other words, post order is 1, 3, 2. A page reload puts things in the correct order. WallBB has not been able to solve the problem.

Thread, among several that illustrates this problem.
https://holeefooks.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17

PM for login and full admin rights. Board is closed except for valid logins.
I can tell you what the issue is, it is your postbit template, to prove this fact, simply revert your postbit template, and try testing and you will see that your issue will be solved, I can fix this for you. Just PM me your details, whatever. While building themes, I came across this issue, and solved it by correcting the layout issue in postbit.
(2019-11-18, 03:32 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]I can tell you what the issue is, it is your postbit template, to prove this fact, simply revert your postbit template, and try testing and you will see that your issue will be solved, I can fix this for you. Just PM me your details, whatever. While building themes, I came across this issue, and solved it by correcting the layout issue in postbit.

I reverted the postbit template, and it works as expected. The diff report showed an extra </div> compared to the default. So I restored the template to custom and deleted that bit and it still worked correctly, although a postbit button appeared which I didn't expect.

So now, I'll continue exploring. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Ok, fixed it. I think I got it good this time.
Extra </div> in postbit solved the post sequence problem.
There was another, being unable to restore a soft-deleted post. I found the modal var declaration was missing in headerinclude. Restored that and all is well.

For anyone trying to fix custom theme problems, the key phrase is "compare to Default". Find the differences and there's the clue.
(2019-11-18, 12:05 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-18, 03:32 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]I can tell you what the issue is, it is your postbit template, to prove this fact, simply revert your postbit template, and try testing and you will see that your issue will be solved, I can fix this for you. Just PM me your details, whatever. While building themes, I came across this issue, and solved it by correcting the layout issue in postbit.

I reverted the postbit template, and it works as expected. The diff report showed an extra </div> compared to the default. So I restored the template to custom and deleted that bit and it still worked correctly, although a postbit button appeared which I didn't expect.

So now, I'll continue exploring. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Ok, fixed it. I think I got it good this time.
Extra </div> in postbit solved the post sequence problem.
There was another, being unable to restore a soft-deleted post. I found the modal var declaration was missing in headerinclude. Restored that and all is well.

For anyone trying to fix custom theme problems, the key phrase is "compare to Default". Find the differences and there's the clue.

man, great tip, so glad u got this working, good job!