MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb backup Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I am a bit embarrassed to ask for help  I  have tried many times and I am struggling at the moment 

My goal is to  migrate my Forum to a new host / Server

and one of the steps says to back up via admin panel  

I tried  but then I get the Forbidden message on the forum admin panel saying I don't have access yet I am full admin
/ have access to server

does anyone know the solution to this ?

the issue appears on the  admin/index.php?module=tools-backupdb&action=backup forum url when I click preform backup on Database backup located @ Mybb Admin Panel -> Tools & Maintenance -> Database Backups

Picture added below for reference to issue 

[Image: image.png]

I hope this is not a major issue and there is a work around this 

Many thanks 

Thomas

tdbnz
looks like there is a problem with mod_security from your webhost.

try getting database backup from your webhost control panel
or request your webhost to provide the database backup
(2019-11-18, 09:26 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like there is a problem with mod_security from your webhost.

Hi 

Thank you so much for your reply I will have a  look at my free host and see if I can get a database backup / request back up for site

many Thanks

Thomas
(2019-11-18, 09:29 AM)tdbnz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-18, 09:26 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like there is a problem with mod_security from your webhost.

Hi 

Thank you so much for your reply I will have a  look at my free host and see if I can get a database backup / request back up for site

many Thanks

Thomas

Also try to contact your host but as .m. said, better get the database from the hosting and host your site where you can have more control than a free host.