MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: make a fresh forum with my last database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After the problems I had with the update the forum from 1.6 to 1.8 (what still not works) I get a new problem. now i get an 403 forbidden message on every page from this domain (also a testforum).

Now I think it is better to start from a fresh mybb 1.8 (so delete all files). I have saved the database back up, but not the files.
It doen not matter that I lose any old plugin or theme.
My question.
- how does this import from the database work
- do I get all forum groups back
- do I get all users and their posts back]
- do I get all setings from the users back (like avatars)
- If users used smilies do they comeback in the posts?
The answer is no. For a fresh install you have none of those things listed.

In order to get those things listed you would have to restore a database backup.

The database backup that you have, what version of MyBB was it running ?
version 1.6 exacly I do not know
And I have a database back up from before all troubles starts
The only way to go about it is to restore your 1.6 forum, then do incremental upgrades until you are fully updated.
so install a fresh 1.6 version
Do you only have the database or do you have the database and file backup of your 1.6 forum ?

If you only have the database, then you might have to do a 1.6 install and then restore your backed up database to that fileset. Then upgrade from there.
Only have the database that i made yesterday.
I downloaded the version 1.6 from mybb.
I am gonna install it and import the database
the I start with the update till 1.8...
How big is your database backup file (in bytes filesize, compressed or not)? How did you make the backup?
55.654 kb and it is a gz file (on my webhoster page I could make this update from the database)
I've been looking at your website. It appears the last working version was 1.6.8, based on links in headerinclude.
The database has customization with a number of plugins which were not deactivated and uninstalled, so there is a lot of extra stuff in the database and themes. Forum seems to work with the Default theme created from MyBB Master styles and templates.

The problem with having to login with every admin change is because the live forum runs in the root directory of public_html, and the test forum runs from a folder in the root directory. Solve the problem initially by clearing cookies for that domain, then logging in to the test site. You need to change the cookie path in AdminCP / Board Settings / General Configuration to be the full path /comeback/

It is easier for you to make the save the change in AdminCP than to simply change the db entry because the old settings still reside in settings.php

Also need to fix the bburl setting to the same path. Instead of yourdomain.com/tijd it should point to yourdomain.com/comeback

Once the two forums are running separately, conversion can begin on the clean installs to 1.8.21. I'd suggest then (after conversion of the database) to delete the extra tables associated with the plugins, and to delete extra table fields associated with the plugins. It's all a bit tricky, such that there's no way to give you a step-by-step.

First thing to do is get the two forums running separately.
Pages: 1 2