MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide board, but show member profiles for guests?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is this possible to do? I have can view board unchecked, and view profiles checked, but it seems like guests usegroup still can not see member profiles. Is there a work around for it? 

I am not looking to make a new usergroup as it has to be the Guest usergroup
Bump! Any assistance would be great
Sounds like a possible bug. Please could you provide a link to your board?

I'm going to test this now and will post the results shortly (whilst also watching I'm a Celebrity!)
(2019-11-25, 08:57 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a possible bug. Please could you provide a link to your board?

I'm going to test this now and will post the results shortly (whilst also watching I'm a Celebrity!)

Messaged u! No rush Big Grin
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3832

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
I understand "Can view board?" (canview in usergroups) in this way: it's a global of/off permission for users to access a board (the whole board system).

It'll be possible to fulfill OP's aim, by leaving "Can view board?" and "Can view user profiles?" (canviewprofiles in usergroups) on, but switching each individual forum's view permission "Can view forum?" (also named canview but in forumpermissions) to off.

Yes, it is "board" not "forums".
(2019-11-26, 11:18 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]I understand "Can view board?"  (canview in usergroups) in this way: it's a global of/off permission for users to access a board (the whole board system).

It'll be possible to fulfill OP's aim, by leaving "Can view board?" and "Can view user profiles?" (canviewprofiles in usergroups) on, but switching each individual forum's view permission "Can view forum?" (also named canview but in forumpermissions) to off.

Yes, it is "board" not "forums".

That sounds like the best solution at this stage. I personally feel it is a bit confusing but it seems that is just me. I'm going to close the github issue after a few further thoughts provided from Developers.
This is not a bug. This is expected behavior.

If you can't see the board, then ofc you can't see profiles.

This should have been rejected.
(2019-11-29, 12:53 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]This is not a bug. This is expected behavior.

At least it should/could be noted in the description of the setting to not confuse people.

It didn't necessarily have to be treated as a bug but rather a small enhancement for clarity if that's what Developers feel is most suitable.
(2019-11-29, 07:55 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-29, 12:53 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]This is not a bug. This is expected behavior.

At least it should/could be noted in the description of the setting to not confuse people.

It didn't necessarily have to be treated as a bug but rather a small enhancement for clarity if that's what Developers feel is most suitable.

Yes, indeed. Nearly all settings & permissions are lacking of documentations, though some can read from old v1.6 docs.

I'm considering write wikis/articles for that these months, for both forum maintainers & developers. Hope it's not too late. However, I don't know what's the best form of it, a wiki inside a GitHub project or just a static site like current docs.mybb or just using Markdown?
Pages: 1 2