MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shout box installation question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I get this message when I ran the templateinstall.php for shoutbox.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /var/www/html/mybb2/templateinstall.php on line 6

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/mybb2/templateinstall.php:6) in /var/www/html/mybb2/global.php on line 99

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/mybb2/templateinstall.php:6) in /var/www/html/mybb2/global.php on line 100

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/mybb2/templateinstall.php:6) in /var/www/html/mybb2/global.php on line 101

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/mybb2/templateinstall.php:6) in /var/www/html/mybb2/global.php on line 102
Template Installed Successfully!
Template: shoutbox

Template: shoutbox_delete_shout

Template: shoutbox_editshout

Template: shoutbox_error_noshouts

Template: shoutbox_error_flood

Template: shoutbox_next

Template: shoutbox_options

Template: shoutbox_pages

Template: shoutbox_prev

Template: shoutbox_shout

Template: shoutbox_submit

Was wondering if the template was install successful and I can run dbupdate.php
Try running it again. Does it still give the error??

k776
yup...same message...one thinkg I forgot to mention.. I install latest news first.

Latest news mod templateinstall and dbupdate was successfull
but the program doesn't work properly which I started another thread for.
headers already sent is quite a common error, I get it regually when building my pages. I belive its when the page tries to send data that is already there (but usually different). I belive it is a fault with the code. Nothing to do with you bb or server.

k776
Take a look at the global templates in the admin CP. If the shoutbox templates exist then the installation was successful.

If you ran the installer twice, then it's quite possible that there will be duplicate templates there. You can delete any duplicates, leaving just one of each.

I've taken a look at the file and fixed the error you reported (thanks :p). If the templates have not installed correctly, then please try again using this corrected file. Smile

[attachment=9]

The shoutbox download package has been updated with this file.

Edit: You may have to right click the attachment and save it as templateinstall.php to download it properly.
Thanks..It's working now.. Smile

I think this line in the installation text

ACP -> Templates -> Modify / Delete -> *Template Set Name* -> Forum Home Templates -> index

should be replace by

ACP -> Templates -> Modify / Delete -> *Template Set Name* -> Index Page -> index

I couldn't find Forum Home Templates.. Smile

A couple more questions about shoutbox.

Is there a limit to the number of lines stored in the shoutbox?
ie. does the oldest line get delete when it's full?

Is there a purge feature? Clear shoutbox, so it starts off new.

PS. Good job on the shoutbox. It looks good and work nicely. Smile

Apex Wrote:Thanks..It's working now.. Smile

I think this line in the installation text

ACP -> Templates -> Modify / Delete -> *Template Set Name* -> Forum Home Templates -> index

should be replace by

ACP -> Templates -> Modify / Delete -> *Template Set Name* -> Index Page -> index

I couldn't find Forum Home Templates.. Smile

Thanks for reporting. Untill RC3, the "Index Page" templates were called "Forum Home" templates. I must have forgotten this but will update all download packages tonight in light of this change.

Apex Wrote:A couple more questions about shoutbox.

Is there a limit to the number of lines stored in the shoutbox?
ie. does the oldest line get delete when it's full?

Is there a purge feature? Clear shoutbox, so it starts off new.

PS. Good job on the shoutbox. It looks good and work nicely. Smile

By default, the shoutbox shows 25 shouts per page. Once you have more than 25 shouts, multipage links will be displayed allowing you to go back and view previous shouts. This limit will be changable through the admin cp in the next version. Currently, there is no way to clear the shoutbox either, without manually emptying the "shouts" table. This setting will also be added to the admin cp in the next version, along with a few other little features, such as controlling which usergroups can view the shoutbox rather than simply allowing all groups except guests. Smile
great...thanks..
also, perhaps a color picker for text and bold, italic etc??

and a seperate refresh button??

and an option in the admin cp that allows you to like you said, change the limit, and clear the box. Also how about an option to choose colors too?? Default being the main theme for the forums, and then an option to put hex codes perhaps??

k776
also, when you hit enter to send a shout message, it would be nice have the cursor back to the text box for the next shout message. Currently, it goes to the 'add shout' box.

found a bug? when I get this message.
Quote:Please wait for another user to post before attempting to submit another shout.

Back

"Back" doesn't take you back to the shoutbox.
Pages: 1 2