MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Download mod problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok, it fixed the problem, but here is a suggestion, implement some feature to make sure it end with a download code. I just typed fdgb and it went through. You know, things like

.exe .jpg. jpeg .gif

or even better, tap into mybb and use the one already there Smile Can this be done??

k776
Originally I was going to allow users to upload files for the download system, and use the myBB settings for determining which file types are and are not allowed. However, since the system only allows you to submit files that are already uploaded, I didn't see the point in restricting file types.

I'll certainly add this if I ever make it possible for users to upload files, but if the system stays how it is, I don't really see much of a point to change it.
I just installed the downloads 1.5.1 mod and it keeps throwing up errors that tables do not exist!! I followed the instructions to the letter, where have I gone wrong?
being the pillock that I am, I forgot to activate it!! But now I canbnot use it as it says I do not have the correct permissions!
You'll need to be logged in to your forum in order to access the downloads page.

In version 2.0.0 of the mod which is currently under development, you'll have better control over which usergroups can access the downloads. Wink
but I AM logged in, and as administrator! All I get is:

MyBB Error
Access Denied
You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.

If I go to Downloads.php I get

Error
No download categories exist.
I thought you were refering to the downloads section on the main forum. If it's the downloads pages in the acp you can't access then you still need to rebuild your administrator permissions by going to Admin Permissions in the acp and ensuring that your permissions for the downloads section are set to yes. Then click update.

Once done, you should be able to add categories and downloads from the acp and the main downloads section will begin to work.
Although it seemed that permission was set, after updating it allowed me to access the page. Thanks for that
Pages: 1 2