MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix avatar and username spacing in PM template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where do I go to fix the spacing between the avatar and username in a Private Message? It is Flatty theme if it matters...I have been poking around in the PM templates but I cant find any way to fix it...please see screen capture below:
Hi,

Admin Control Panel -> Templates (Tab) -> Themes -> YOUR THEME -> Global.css -> Edit Advanced (Tab).

Find:
.post .post_author div.author_avatar {
    float: left;
    margin-right: 1em;
    min-width: 70px;
    max-width: 90px;
}

And change the margin-right or the max-width.

Or you could change it here:
.post .post_author div.author_information {
    float: left;
    padding: 6px 8px;
}

And change the padding to: 

padding: 6px 18px;

As you whish.

After changes, check if in classic view it's everything OK.
Perfect!  I adjusted the padding and it sems good now!

I wonder why most avatars are circle but I see afew here and there that are oval shaped?  What would cause this?  Is there anyway to force circle avatars on everyone?
Hi,

Admin Control Panel -> Templates (Tab) -> Themes -> YOUR THEME -> Global.css -> Edit Advanced (Tab).

Find:
.post .post_author div.author_avatar img {
    border-radius: 1000px;
    width: auto;
    height: auto;
    background: #fff;
}

Change it to:
.post .post_author div.author_avatar img {
    background: #fff;
    width: 120px;
    height: 100px;
    border-radius: 50%;
    background-size: cover;
}
I tried it but actually wanted all circle avatars.  I changed the size to 100px x 100px but then it kind of stretched (egg shapped) all the avatar pictures.

ETA...seems like the width is being limited to 100px. I changed it to 120px and they really look like eggs!

ETAx2...I think I fixed it...there were 3 instances of AVATAR in global.css so I changed all of the min/max to 120px and it looks good now!
Great!  Wink