MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add a custom user title for 'guest' posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, We want to change the custom user title on guest posts.

The default 'Guest' was replaced in the  /inc/languages/english/global.lang.php

by replacing

$l['guest'] = "Guest";

with

$l['guest'] = "Anonymous";

Which worked fine for the username title, unfortunately this also changed the custom user title to Anonymous as well.

(it was originally Guest as a title and Guest as a custom user title.) We'd like the username "Anonymous" and custom User title "Incognito" for all guest posts.

We attempted to add the custom user title via Users and Groups>Groups>Anonymous in Default User Title option to no avail.

We're using the latest MyBB 1.8.21. via an upgrade performed yesterday and the website is kritterbox.com. 

Any advice is sincerely appreciated and thanks in advance.
Go to users and groups in the ACP
Go to groups
Click on the guest group
Set the title and the default user title.

Done.
(2019-11-26, 10:08 PM)Stage4000 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to users and groups in the ACP
Go to groups
Click on the guest group
Set the title and the default user title.

Done.
In my orig. post  I mentioned that "we attempted to add the custom user title via Users and Groups>Groups>Anonymous (which is our guest group.) in Default User Title option to no avail."
I agree Stage4000, that would be the logical place to do that but it simply doesn't work.
in general, user's group [or rank] and custom user title - both together are not shown with the posts.
I am unable to get the purpose of adding custom user title to guests as it is not displayed !