MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating/amending a theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently use the default theme which is fine by me but I would like to change it in December to a more Christmassy theme like this one (this is an old mybb 1.6 theme)

https://mods.mybb.com/view/christmas

I was thinking if it was possible to download the default theme again, rename it Christmas for example and then change the graphics accordingly.

Is this possible to do and if so are there any easy to follow instructions for doing such a thing (I tried googling but haven't found anything butĀ that could just be me)?

Thanks
Yes.

Next to default theme, click Options button -> Duplicate Theme. Then it will duplicate the Default theme and edit that new theme/templates
It's possible, but you'll have a lot of work with that.
1. Download and install a theme;
2. Do changes in templates via ACP and...
2.1 Do the same changes in the theme files.

When you finish:
1. uninstall the 'x-mas' theme (which you changed by ACP) and...
2. Install the new one from the files.
Thanks to you both; gives me something to start with

The theme I want is the Chrismassy one but its a mybb 1.6 theme. Are there any easyish changes I can do to allow it to install or is the mybb 1.8 themeĀ  a completely different kettle of fish
Unfortunately, there is no migration system for this. A cheaper and faster option is to change the default theme based on the appearance of the theme for 1.6.x
Thanks, everyone, for your help