MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Couple Of Mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My First post here, so please welcome me Smile
1: Is there a mod already available or could one be made so that a search in Member List page could be performed by Ratings? Currently available options for sorting are: By Registration Date, By User Name and By Post.

2: Is there a mod already available or could one be made to fetch headlines of all the posts made by one given user? Currently this is possibble through serach by user name. I am talking about listing all the headlines without any search and putting them, lets say, in profile page.

3: Is there a mod already available or could one be made to also have authors' names where we show Most Replied and Most Viewed threads in Forum Statistics page?
b: Can we also creat a listing based on the criteria of Best Rated Threads?

Thanx
welcome Chiefsaab iam from myBB community Forums to i have no idea about those mods.
chiefsaab Wrote:1: Is there a mod already available or could one be made so that a search in Member List page could be performed by Ratings? Currently available options for sorting are: By Registration Date, By User Name and By Post.

Should be possible, I'll see what I can do, time permitting of course.

chiefsaab Wrote:2: Is there a mod already available or could one be made to fetch headlines of all the posts made by one given user? Currently this is possibble through serach by user name. I am talking about listing all the headlines without any search and putting them, lets say, in profile page.

Can you explain this a little more? Do you mean have a list of all a users posts/threads on thier profile page?

chiefsaab Wrote:3: Is there a mod already available or could one be made to also have authors' names where we show Most Replied and Most Viewed threads in Forum Statistics page?

This should also be possible, so again I'll see what I can do. Smile
Quote:Can you explain this a little more? Do you mean have a list of all a users posts/threads on thier profile page?

Thanx for a listening ear Smile I see you have even complete my first request. Thanx a lot. So nice of you.

As for more explanation, I meant to have a list of (clickable) headlines of posts a particular user has made in the forum. Moe or less is it like the two listings on Forum Statistics page. But those lists contain headlines from different users, what I meant is that If I opened 5 threads in the forum, Subject/headlines of all those 5 threads shou
Thanks, I think I understand better now. Smile

It is possible, but would probably be best if limited to only the most recent threads, as a user with over 100 posts would have a huge profile page. The last 5 would be a good number, maybe 10.

I also took care of your third request too, but in the form of a tutorial rather than a download mod. You can view it here...

http://www.mybbmods.com/tutorials.php?action=view&tid=8 Wink
musicalmidget Wrote:It is possible, but would probably be best if limited to only the most recent threads, as a user with over 100 posts would have a huge profile page. The last 5 would be a good number, maybe 10.

Yeah it will be a huge burden on resourrces as well. So if we go for 10 posts per profile, may I suggest to have 10 most replied or 10 best rated or both lists?
Hardly anyone seems to rate threads anymore, so I think it's probably best to have either the 10 newest (or maybe the 10 most popular).
musicalmidget Wrote:Hardly anyone seems to rate threads anymore

That's right. It's out of fashion.

musicalmidget Wrote:I think it's probably best to have either the 10 newest (or maybe the 10 most popular).

What about having both? Smile