MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you download version 1.8.x zip files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
myBB,

I just upgraded through a few 1.6.x versions and want to move on to 1.8 but I can't find the download files on the myBB/versions page.  When I go into a version such as 1.8.7, it shows the changes, but no upgrade file.  Does this mean I shouldn't (can't) consider that version and should keep progressing until I find a version with a download?

A post mentioned going from 1.6x to 1.8.7 through a few more to 1.8.21, so that's what I planned to do.  I had problems making too large a jump before.

Thanks.
Go to the Blog link at the top of the page. Then scroll right down, there's a link to older posts - i assume it will eventually take you back to the start of the 1.8 series. All the full packages and upgrade packages can be found there.
(2019-11-30, 09:16 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to the Blog link at the top of the page. Then scroll right down, there's a link to older posts - i assume it will eventually take you back to the start of the 1.8 series. All the full packages and upgrade packages can be found there.
Thank you.  I never would have thought to look there.  Any idea which is the best jump from 1.6.18 to 1.8.x?
You can upgrade directly from 1.6 to 1.8, just use the full package. So long as you have backups nothing can go wrong.

https://mybb.com/download/
(2019-12-01, 12:16 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You can upgrade directly from 1.6 to 1.8, just use the full package. So long as you have backups nothing can go wrong.

https://mybb.com/download/

OK.  Thanks.  I ran into some issues going to 1.8.7, SQL errors of duplicate fields and some issues with templates.  Maybe I'll restore to 1.6 and jump to the end!!
(2019-11-30, 08:29 PM)kramsman Wrote: [ -> ]myBB,

I just upgraded through a few 1.6.x versions and want to move on to 1.8 but I can't find the download files on the myBB/versions page.  When I go into a version such as 1.8.7, it shows the changes, but no upgrade file.  Does this mean I shouldn't (can't) consider that version and should keep progressing until I find a version with a download?

A post mentioned going from 1.6x to 1.8.7 through a few more to 1.8.21, so that's what I planned to do.  I had problems making too large a jump before.

Thanks.

thanks for bringing this up...I fixed the links and hashes on all of the versions pages that were missing that information.
Thank you!