MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin part of MyBB works fine - Main page has no CSS and links don't work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!

I just installed MyBB on a Virtualmin VPS subforum and it's rather odd. The admin area works like a charm, looks good, is blindly fast, everything seems OK.

But when I hit the view forum the text is everywhere, there are no images, and none of the links work.

I've tried the troubleshooting of making sure the paths were right and that the cache and template folder were all 777 and such but nothing seems to help.

I'm sure it's got to be something simple I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

any URL?
What is the board URL supposed to be, and how is it specified in the ACP settings?

Use this tool to confirm that your cookie settings in ACP are correct.

https://docs.mybb.com/tools/cookie-settings
According to that tool everything is correct. That's the funny part: I can run all the diagnostic tools in the admin panel and it says everything is OK and functioning properly.
everything can't be correct because you have www. specified in your view source code.
so what does that mean?
It means probably your board URL is specified incorrectly in ACP since you gave your URL the way you did above, that's why i asked the question in my first post.
That was it!

I had it all right in the settings.php but in the site configuration I had entered the www.

Thank you so much for your help!!!
(2019-12-01, 07:27 PM)Walter White Wrote: [ -> ]That was it!

I had it all right in the settings.php but in the site configuration I had entered the www.

Thank you so much for your help!!!
Normally, you should keep settings in ./inc/settings.php file in consistency with those in the database. Meaning you would like to save correct settings in your AdminCP (to database) in order to generate an up-to-date settings file.