MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Journal or Blog request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I was wondering if a Journal or Blog type hack could be made for RC3. This could make public/personal entries. I have been asked by my members for the longest so I want to request it.
Certainly possible. I've been considering a guestbook type script for a while now, but as you may have seen from the number of requests there have been over the last few days, time is very short at the moment. Toungue

I'm afraid I'm unlikely to be able to do this until I return home from my holidays in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, maybe another user or team member would be happy to do this?
musicalmidget Wrote:Certainly possible. I've been considering a guestbook type script for a while now, but as you may have seen from the number of requests there have been over the last few days, time is very short at the moment. Toungue

I'm afraid I'm unlikely to be able to do this until I return home from my holidays in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, maybe another user or team member would be happy to do this?

That cool. It doesn't need anything major like took in the Admin CP, just something that intergrades the members from the forum. If one of the other team members wants they can make it if they have the time.
Ahh sorry to bump this thread, but I was wondering if you were still going to do this mod?

Marc
Hopefully yes.

I've got quite a lot of things to do over the next few days, but I'll try and find some time to fit this in.
Yes, this seems like an excellent idea. I cant wait.
The thing I've been working on recently is like a guestbook system for myBB which integrates with mybb, and uses the same users table and so on.

Is this similar to what you were hoping for marcgo15?
Well, I was under the impression that it was a one click, write info page.

for eg: if you in a hurry, you dont want to click to go to the place. Just click Journal or something like it in the menu and it takes you to a page where you write. The info is then saved into a forum you choose using a drop down menu. A lot quicker.

myBB is a guestbook, forum, etc all in one??
musicalmidget Wrote:The thing I've been working on recently is like a guestbook system for myBB which integrates with mybb, and uses the same users table and so on.

Is this similar to what you were hoping for marcgo15?

If it can make public and personal entries it will be just what i'm looking for Smile.
Yes, it will support public and private entries. Watch out for it shortly. Smile