MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge PHP error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2019-12-08, 03:56 AM)bynw Wrote: [ -> ]Well it didnt error on the Forum import. However it did error on the next step for importing forum settings.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error: 1055 - Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'smfrc.p.id_group' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by Query: SELECT p.id_group, GROUP_CONCAT(p.permission) as permissions, b.id_board FROM smfrc_boards b LEFT JOIN smfrc_board_permissions p ON (p.id_profile=b.id_profile) WHERE p.permission IN ('poll_vote','remove_own','delete_own','modify_own','poll_add_own','post_attachment','post_new','post_reply_any','view_attachments') GROUP BY b.id_board

Also it created duplicate forums when I went back to check on the forum creation. They are duplicated in triplicate.

Could you try to alter MySQL Server's sql_mode to try again? My setting of sql_mode currently in 5.7.28 is STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION. Doing so should be able to avoid such SQL error during subsequent mergings. This issue is also reported to GitHub, currently no fix yet.

About the second problem of duplicated forums, maybe because you've run the merge several times and there should be several duplicated forums have been created. You may either:
  • If your MyBB forum already contains data before the first merge try, then make a backup of current database and delete all forums/usergroups/users/etc. that are imported from your SMF 2 forum.
  • If your MyBB forum is newly installed, then just completely delete this forum and do a fresh install.
After doing in either way, you could try the merge from the beginning with modified sql_mode.
(2019-12-09, 09:57 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Could you try to alter MySQL Server's sql_mode to try again? My setting of sql_mode currently in 5.7.28 is STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION. Doing so should be able to avoid such SQL error during subsequent mergings. This issue is also reported to GitHub, currently no fix yet.

About the second problem of duplicated forums, maybe because you've run the merge several times and there should be several duplicated forums have been created. You may either:
  • If your MyBB forum already contains data before the first merge try, then make a backup of current database and delete all forums/usergroups/users/etc. that are imported from your SMF 2 forum.
  • If your MyBB forum is newly installed, then just completely delete this forum and do a fresh install.
After doing in either way, you could try the merge from the beginning with modified sql_mode.

I think I have the sql_mode changed, permanently this time around. What's the best way to nuke the mybb forum and do a fresh install?
(2019-12-09, 10:01 PM)bynw Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have the sql_mode changed, permanently this time around. What's the best way to nuke the mybb forum and do a fresh install?
If your current MyBB database has no tables other than MyBB's, you could just drop that database and create a new one. If other tables exist, then you have to drop relevant MyBB's tables. It'll help a lot if you use a GUI tool for database management, eg. phpMyAdmin, otherwise you need to manually input the drop query with all MyBB's tables.

After that, delete all files & directories in MyBB's web root and upload new ones and then do a fresh install.
Or just delete the ./install/lock file, then navigate to URL_TO_YOUR_MYBB/install/ to install.
That did the trick!
Pages: 1 2 3