MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two Cool Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1: If we could add an option under the left-side panel of a member allowing others to directly include that member into their buddy list, that, i feel, will be a good option instead of going into control panel, writing the name and updating list. See that red-circled option in add.jpg attachment.

2: If we could make another option by which a member could save a thread in his favroutie threads by pressing a button available with every thread, it will again be a nice tool. See the red-circled button in fav.jpg attachment.
chiefsaab Wrote:1: If we could add an option under the left-side panel of a member allowing others to directly include that member into their buddy list, that, i feel, will be a good option instead of going into control panel, writing the name and updating list. See that red-circled option in add.jpg attachment.

That's a good idea. I think I'll whip that one up as a new modification this afternoon.

chiefsaab Wrote:2: If we could make another option by which a member could save a thread in his favroutie threads by pressing a button available with every thread, it will again be a nice tool. See the red-circled button in fav.jpg attachment.

I'm not too sure about this one. Users who have a screen resolution of 1024*768 will see this without a problem, but for users with a lower screen resolution the image would mess up the post layout, as to them it seems that bar is just about full.
musicalmidget Wrote:That's a good idea. I think I'll whip that one up as a new modification this afternoon.

Thanx a lot musicalmidget, so nice of you Smile

chiefsaab Wrote:I'm not too sure about this one. Users who have a screen resolution of 1024*768 will see this without a problem, but for users with a lower screen resolution the image would mess up the post layout, as to them it seems that bar is just about full.

You are correct, I dhadn't consider this view.
chiefsaab Wrote:If we could add an option under the left-side panel of a member allowing others to directly include that member into their buddy list, that, i feel, will be a good option instead of going into control panel, writing the name and updating list.

As this is also a fairly small installation procedure, I've written up the instructions to this one in the form of a tutorial too. However, I've only had limited testing time today. It's been a very busy day. Undecided

Feel free to install this, and if you do have any problems, just let me know. Smile

http://www.mybbmods.com/tutorials.php?action=view&tid=9
u got error message
Quote:Parse error: parse error in /home/kao/public_html/wu-tang/forums/usercp.php on line 876
when i click on user cp, after changing the usercp.php

forgot that, its workin now !

the updated code your put on the tutorial works
Yeah, I fixed that just a moment ago. Smile

Unfortunately, the fix isn't working on the forums, so that's a job for this afternoon. Sad
i have got mine to work, i have changed the code for the template to
<a href=usercp.php?action=quickaddbuddy&uid=$post[uid]&quot;>Add to Buddy List</a>

at the minute it is
<a href=[b]&quot;[/b]usercp.php?action=quickaddbuddy&uid=$post[uid]&quot;>Add to Buddy List</a>
you can also add yourself to your buddy list, even tho your not meant to be able to
error($settings['bbname'], "You cannot add yourself to your own buddy list.");
is this becuase i didn't use your template code ?

[edit]
could u make the link a pop up window, which will add the author to your buddy list and then either, close its self, or redirestion to your buddy list ?
toddy Wrote:could u make the link a pop up window, which will add the author to your buddy list and then either, close its self, or redirestion to your buddy list ?

Excellent idea. The popup should show something like:
[center]
---------------------------------------------------------------
"The member has been added to your Buddy List"
See your Buddy List | Close the window
---------------------------------------------------------------
[/center]
I'll look into this...
Pages: 1 2