MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board Going Offline?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

For some reason I cannot figure out, my forum keeps setting itself as 'Offline' with some regularity, apparently more or less around this time.

It's not a member of the staff doing it; there isn't any information in the Log saying anyone is turning it off -- just me turning it back on.

Since I cannot figure out why its happening, I have no idea how to fix it x.x

Any assistance would be outstanding, because its very annoying!

Thank you!
This is genuinely weird thing, I would suggest posting details such as your website URL and checking if your website has extra admin ? Or any Super Moderator has access to Admin CP.
Someone might be playing a prank on you.
Note that someone with enough rights could also delete his entries in the Admin Log, that would explain why you cant see it there.
Setting the board offline or online will just give the following Administrator Log record:
"Changed board settings"

There should be two such records for setting offline and online.

If there is not, than it looks like the board was not set offline using MyBB ACP.

Mind that the on/offline mode is just a bit in the database. So with access to a DB tool (e.g. PHPMyAdmin) someone easily can edit this flag and set it offline without any log in MyBB.

Can you determine the time when the boards goes offline - Any specific time - maybe the same time at a day?
Is there any restore mechanism or scripts on your webservice, that recovers the database automatically and set it to a prior level with offline mode activated?

[ExiTuS]
(2019-12-03, 03:49 PM)Plut0nium Wrote: [ -> ]Note that someone with enough rights could also delete his entries in the Admin Log, that would explain why you cant see it there.

Since 1.8 you can't wipe logs created within the last 24 hours just FYI.
(2019-12-03, 04:50 PM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-03, 03:49 PM)Plut0nium Wrote: [ -> ]Note that someone with enough rights could also delete his entries in the Admin Log, that would explain why you cant see it there.

Thanks, I just get to know that.
But, only via AdminCP FYI Big Grin
Direct access to db or filesystem means anything is possible. So he said "enough rights".
(2019-12-03, 04:50 PM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh didn't know that.
But well, I usually don't use the Log Delete feature. I still have all of them dating back to 2017 Big Grin
Sometimes when mysql database crashed it automatically tried to repaid it ,, in this case the board can go offline automatically ..
make sure their is no task for doing that added in admin panel
Also whats the offline message , that you see when the board goes offline ?
Hopefully I've answered everything;

- There is only one other Admin, and one mod. They can't actually do anything on the backend, as neither was comfortable with the access so their accounts have the colour and the rank, but no permissions. Their 'Admin Permissions' is basically a whole set of 'no'/'off' options.

These are the events (time is GMT-4) :
ThistleProse 18.Nov.19, 09:04 AM Changed board settings
ThistleProse 28.Nov.19, 07:31 AM Changed board settings
ThistleProse 01.Dec.19, 05:07 AM Changed board settings
ThistleProse Yesterday, 10:43 AM Changed board settings

For the Tasks, I do have 'checktables.php' turned on, as we were having a bad run a while back where the site would go down while I was sleeping and everyone would be unable to access it until I woke up. Since I'm in Australia, that wasn't great since the majority of my members are in the Northern Hemisphere. It looks like it is set to run every hour?

Thanks for your input thus far!

*sigh* and again right now.
This is really odd.
Could you check with your hosting provider if there's not something on their side interfering with your settings? Maybe a cache of some sort?
Pages: 1 2