MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When we can expect responsive design?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried many MyBB themes, that are responsive, but each single is ugly and messed up, and USELESS.
I went to phpBB, and than came back to MyBB again.
And, again problem with responsive theme.

When will default theme be responsive?
There are many free or paid responsive themes for MyBB.
Someday MyBB will be responsive by default. Wink
(2019-12-03, 11:06 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]There are many free or paid responsive themes for MyBB.
Someday MyBB will be responsive by default. Wink
Every single of free ones is useless if you ask me.
NetPen has problem displaying forums with subforums.
Emerald has missing icons, unecessary big header, padding is unecessary big.
BootBB padding is just ridiculous.
And so on...

I will have to check if there is any extensions for phone.
You're totally right - there are a lot of flawy responsive themes out there useless.
But if you want something for free, you can only get what the community is giving... so take it or leave it!

What do you expect?
Do not rely on developers that serves up your wish...
If no theme can satisfy your needs, then you have to develop your own! End of discussion! And if YOU can't, then form a queue with all these theme developers you blast.
Keep calm, guy Smile

[ExiTuS]
(2019-12-04, 12:41 AM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]You're totally right - there are a lot of flawy responsive themes out there useless.
But if you want something for free, you can only get what the community is giving... so take it or leave it!

What do you expect?
Do not rely on developers that serves up your wish...
If no theme can satisfy your needs, then you have to develop your own! End of discussion! And if YOU can't, then form a queue with all these theme developers you blast.
Keep calm, guy Smile

[ExiTuS]

I never asked anyone to create theme for me free.

I asked about responsive default theme as I read somewhere around it is something they working on.
The MyBB 1.9 beta version is responsive. You may check the demo:
E.g. here: http://mybb19.itsmejay.de/

It is not possible to easily adapt 1.9 theme to the current 1.8 version, but this beta may bring some inspirations for customization.

[ExiTuS]
Umm, it looks promising.
I recommend the Spectral theme by DVZ. I'd recommend taking a look here as well, if that doesn't suit what you want.
I use tesla game dark. Its very clean and very mobile friendly. The only bad thing is you have to take the code selectors out of all the blocks that have rich text editors because it breaks them for some reason.
(2019-12-03, 10:54 PM)mll Wrote: [ -> ]I tried many MyBB themes, that are responsive, but each single is ugly and messed up, and USELESS.
I went to phpBB, and than came back to MyBB again.
And, again problem with responsive theme.

When will default theme be responsive?

My honest guess is never. I'm a pessimist about future releases. The team is too small now and I don't think they have enough developers who can spend the time required to finish 1.9x.

You can look at the Github yourself to see the progress of development. Maybe some time will open up for the 2-3 main devs and a spurt will happen for the 1.9x release but I'm doubtful.

If you want a responsive theme asap you should just a designer or use an existing template. Some are cheap like $25 and I think a few are even free. I bet you can pay someone $200-$500 for a custom one too.

Be aware using 1.8x responsive theme is likely going to break with a 1.9x release which means your design will either have to be rebuilt or you go with the default of 1.9x. For my site, I'm just staying with 1.8x as I have done extensive changes which have taken months and have cost me thousands of dollars. It doesn't make sense for me to start over for 1.9x which is surely going to be buggy and from the user perspective is not an upgrade, I'd even argue it's a downgrade.
Pages: 1 2